PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Hemorrhoids For Years?

SOBAY310
01-02-17, 00:10
I'm 36 and I'd say around 10 years ago I went to the doctor concerned about bleeding with I had a bowel movement. It was accompanied by some burning, pain around the, well, you know.

The bleeding has come and gone over the years and although I do have annual checkups and blood tests done, I haven't had this issue revisited but of course today I'm convinced I have some sort of cancer down there because for I still have bleeding and it's like I'm pooping sandpaper at times (sorry for the visual) :(. You always read that if you have any new symptoms then go to the doc, well, this isn't new, it just seems to go away for a while and stay for a while over the years.

Okay, so here's my question. You guys have been helping me with just about every fear since 2006. If this was cancer, would the bleeding be persistent regardless if the stool was hard or not? I feel like I can always tell when I'm going to bleed before it happens (lots of junk food, not a lot of water, sitting for long periods of time, etc). The blood is never inside the stool, maybe just a drip or two in the water and on the toilet paper, sometimes worse than others.

So, on one hand I feel okay with thinking it's still hemmi's or maybe an anal fissure, but on the other hand it's been 10 years and I'm still dealing with this. Is anybody in the same boat?

At my next physical I'll bring it up, but I'm like you guys, this has completely ruined my day/week thinking I have something very bad. I can't shake it and it's got me down.

I appreciate the feedback and sorry for any TMI moments that may have occurred in this post.

Love ya guys!
:bighug1:

Sixpack
01-02-17, 00:47
I developed hemmies when I was pregnant with my son. He is 22 today. I still have hemmies. I mean where are they going to go? I didn't have them surgically removed. Once in a great while they get aggravated and a bit inflamed but not enough to be uncomfortable like when I was pregnant. In the last 6 months I have a bm or two that caused them to bleed. It is had been years since that had last happened. My husband also has hemmies that can be nothing and then get a bit of a flare where he bleeds with bms.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Additionally-- I work with people with disabilites. quite a few of these folks have hemmies that are. Non-symptomatic to getting inflamed and bleedy. It is just the nature of hemmies

SOBAY310
01-02-17, 01:06
I love how you said, "I mean, where are the going to go?". Thank for taking the time to reply and giving me a good laugh. :D

MyNameIsTerry
01-02-17, 05:37
I developed hemmies when I was pregnant with my son. He is 22 today. I still have hemmies. I mean where are they going to go? I didn't have them surgically removed. Once in a great while they get aggravated and a bit inflamed but not enough to be uncomfortable like when I was pregnant. In the last 6 months I have a bm or two that caused them to bleed. It is had been years since that had last happened. My husband also has hemmies that can be nothing and then get a bit of a flare where he bleeds with bms.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Additionally-- I work with people with disabilites. quite a few of these folks have hemmies that are. Non-symptomatic to getting inflamed and bleedy. It is just the nature of hemmies

That's the same as me...except the giving birth bit :biggrin: although I could pass for pregnancy some days :blush:

Mine came as a result of weightlifting. It's common due to the straining in lifters, like with pregnancy & giving birth.

They have never gone because they reached a certain size and would need a reduction or removal treatment. Creams, foams, etc don't do that for me, they just reduce them and it goes away.

I've had mine about 20 years now. They flare up at times and may bleed a little. The thing is though, I haven't treated them in over 10 years and despite flare ups, I've found they are nowhere near what they were in my twenties. My anxiety disorders didn't start until I hit 30 and it's had no real impact on them which is strange when you consider the stress issue and how that impacts on roids. :shrug:

I've never asked my GP since I went through all the checks years ago. Since I don't have HA I naturally assume it still just be the roids and it always has been. The NHS says blood in poo means a doctor should decide but given it's the same each time, tiny bits on the paper & underwear, why would I bother? I would have been probably a hundred times if so.

Annaboodle
23-12-17, 11:23
I got them during pregnancy and like others are saying unfortunately they don't go away on their own. It's good you know the foods, etc... likely to set them off ("set them off"? Gotta be a better way I can put that...) Might be worth keeping a food and drink diary to see if there's anything you're missing that makes them worse.