PDA

View Full Version : My name is...

Dan43
01-02-17, 01:55
im 43 and have suffered with GAD and Panic disorder for 23 yesrs after quitting cannabis and tobbacco smoking. its been a long journey and i have come in and out of the conditions for all 23 years using medication, meditation, using alcohol-which makes it all worse in the long run!. Using all kinds of ways to stop or ease this Dam shit that happens to me. I have a problem with self disciplin so find it hard to get a lasting solution. Ive had a few good runs of time though and have enjoyed life now and then. However im finding it particularly hard right now with a current housing situation and beiing stuck in what i beleive is a bad place for someone with my problems. ive come here to find insight, knoledge,help,people who might understand and maybe more enlightenment than my current reality he he he.

venusbluejeans
01-02-17, 02:05
Hiya Dan43 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Catherine S
01-02-17, 02:22
Hi Dan, welcome to the party :madness::byebye::oopsie::welcome::chairfall:

ISB

Dan43
01-02-17, 03:20
:D:shades:Thanks.

Marion Ghad
02-02-17, 18:12
This is just to introduce myself. I'm a 70 year old recovering from what I'd call major anxiety & depression crash. I didn't think that old people (me) could succumb so completely,despite suffering anxiety since childhood, but I did.
Will keep this short because I'm digitally not v savvy & hate screens etc but maybe do this in short bits day at time.
Also, each time I go online I'm still getting funny feelings in neck! which I know is the anxiety.
What I will just say though just what helpful insights in the Health Anxiety section there are - & how the body comes up with host of physical symptoms & helps stoke anxiety. I had to laugh out loud at some bits, as virtually all rang so true.

Mark13
03-02-17, 16:37
Hi Dan. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.