PDA

View Full Version : Duloxetine

Hanbr
01-02-17, 10:38
First day of taking today - really nervous! I have heard horror stories about the side effects, so really nervous (I have purposefully not read the side effect leaflets and given it to my partner)

I am also stopping paroxetine from yesterday so worried about the cross over ( this is all on advice on the doctor)

Just need a bit of support taking it I guess and to put my worries at bay

panic_down_under
01-02-17, 11:49
I am also stopping paroxetine from yesterday so worried about the cross over ( this is all on advice on the doctor)

Try not to dwell on potential side-effects as the anxious mind is very adept at exploiting our weaknesses and is very capable of delivering us our worst nightmares. Usually side-effects are less severe and shorter lived when switching from one antidepressant to another than they can be when starting from scratch. You should be fine.

Not delaying taking the first duloxetine dose was a wise move as paroxetine has a short half-life so it doesn't take long for withdrawal symptoms to begin.

cokesmyth5
02-02-17, 15:07
Handbr
I too am switching anti d's very soon - from Venlaxine 150mg (prob 18 yrs) to Duloxetine. My wonderful psych says D is a very well tolerated drug. V is not, I'm switching because I think most of my too frequent headaches are down to V.

I don't know what to expect from the one night swap either. I will reveal all.
I hope it goes well.

MyNameIsTerry
02-02-17, 23:53
Handbr
I too am switching anti d's very soon - from Venlaxine 150mg (prob 18 yrs) to Duloxetine. My wonderful psych says D is a very well tolerated drug. V is not, I'm switching because I think most of my too frequent headaches are down to V.

I don't know what to expect from the one night swap either. I will reveal all.
I hope it goes well.

What dose are you switching too?

Ven kicks in as a SNRI at 150mg whereas Duloxetine does at 60mg. Obviously that doesn't imply the dose is the same as the profiles can differ.

cokesmyth5
05-02-17, 22:33
I'm switching to 60 mg Duloxetine, I must admit I'm nervous.
Nic