PDA

View Full Version : strained chest muscle from Yoga?

Ethansmom
01-02-17, 17:46
So yesterday evening I had really sharp pain on the left side of my chest (kind of around the heart/breast area). It would come and go depending on what position I was in. It would also getting a stabbing pain when I would take a deep breath. I of course, was worried about heart related problems. The sharp pain was on and off for a few hours. I'm thinking this is muscular (hoping that it's not a blood clot, or heart problems). Yesterday I attended a yoga class and we were doing all sorts of positions (including using our arm muscles to hold us up) I'm thinking I strained my pectoral muscle (or neck)?? Does this sound muscle related? I can feel a sore spot when I press on the area. Has anyone had this sort of pain before?

Fishmanpa
01-02-17, 17:51
Does this sound muscle related?

Absolutely!

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
01-02-17, 18:04
You'd be surprised what muscles you can pull with Yoga! I pulled the muscles around my ribs after just one yoga session in my 40s and it was extremely painful, particularly when breathing which of course I couldn't avoid. I thought I'd cracked a rib at first but the doc said it was muscular.

ISB ☺

Ethansmom
01-02-17, 19:25
LOL! Yup, somehow I pulled something. It's a bit better now. I've been applying heat and kind of rubbing the muscles.

Mummygems
06-02-17, 15:18
I've had very similar pain in same place for about a week. If I move my should blade into a certain place it also shoots through to mu chest. I'm hoping it's from lifting a heavy flat pack ikea chest of drawers by myself. The more I worry about and prod it the worse it seems but I just can't stop checking if it still hurts!! It does not cake me at night though. My anxiety is particularly bad at the moment so that doesn't help. I wish you well.

NoraB
06-02-17, 16:35
So yesterday evening I had really sharp pain on the left side of my chest (kind of around the heart/breast area). It would come and go depending on what position I was in. It would also getting a stabbing pain when I would take a deep breath. I of course, was worried about heart related problems. The sharp pain was on and off for a few hours. I'm thinking this is muscular (hoping that it's not a blood clot, or heart problems). Yesterday I attended a yoga class and we were doing all sorts of positions (including using our arm muscles to hold us up) I'm thinking I strained my pectoral muscle (or neck)?? Does this sound muscle related? I can feel a sore spot when I press on the area. Has anyone had this sort of pain before?

I've done some yoga today and I can feel it in my chest muscles.

ServerError
06-02-17, 17:06
When you start worrying that aches and pains following physical activity might be something serious, I think that shows how deep you've fallen into the anxiety spiral.

I know you're on sertraline and it will take time for that to start having an effect, so I'm not going to say that you should be doing more to get help. But I hope you're pursuing some kind of therapy. You do need help in my opinion - better help than you can get from a forum.

eeesh
06-02-17, 21:06
What you're describing sounds like costochondritis.

Super annoying. But benign.

almamatters
06-02-17, 22:20
I've done this a few times mainly from lifting things, rest and heat are the best things for it.

Rhiannon.
07-02-17, 10:59
A couple of years ago I tore all the muscles down the left side of my chest. It was AGONY!! Know how I did it? In my sleep. Still trying to figure that out XD

Since that I frequently get twinges there and the muscles frequently get pulled