PDA

View Full Version : Are these symptoms to worry on?

BrokenAge
01-02-17, 20:21
I'm sorry if I'm being a nuisance this week on the forum but this is all I have to cope. I don't want to go to the hospital just to be told I'm anxious and waste 200-300 dollars just for one visit. This month is just garbage. I haven't felt so anxious before in a few years. I don't know what has gotten into me but I am just not doing well. Every little symptom is being blown out of proportion. My heart is killing me. These palpations are driving me to my wits. I usually have a high tolerance before I lose it but I'm waay passed that. I have this lump in my throat and it is just uncomfortable. I feel an occasional flutter there. I logically see my symptoms as classic anxiety. I.E Heart palpitations, tightness in chest, nausea, hyperventilating, fear of fainting and the list goes on, but I just can't convince myself to ignore it. I feel every little bump and symptom and see it as a sign that I should tell my parents to just buy my coffin now because I only have a few more days. I know heart palpitations are harmless and even if it was something like Afib or STV it's not life threatening. I speculate it's acid reflux. I had it as a kid and took medication until it just went away. The lump feeling in my throat was familiar to me since I had it as a kid. So was the feeling of heart burn and acidic feeling burps. My diet for this month was just pure acidic foods like pizza, tacos, junk food and fast food. That's makes up 90% of my diet recently. So to me it makes since but to my anxiety it means nothing. I've taken my heart beat so many times and everytime it comes out to be within normal range. I guess I just need support because I don't dare tell anyone I know about these worries.

Fishmanpa
01-02-17, 20:37
My diet for this month was just pure acidic foods like pizza, tacos, junk food and fast food. That's makes up 90% of my diet recently.

And you wonder like you feel like poo? Like you said, it makes sense you feel that way. Try improving your nutrition. The better you eat, the better you feel and the better you feel the less anxiety you'll have.

Positive thoughts

BrokenAge
01-02-17, 21:27
I'm gonna try lol but my house doesn't exactly have the healthiest of food options.

Sphincterclench
01-02-17, 21:43
are you currently seeing a psych and on any maintenance meds?

Sounds like you could use some SSRI's and PPIs to be frank, I got heartburn just reading your diet.

I realize all your issues could be anxiety related but I dont see that youve seen anyone but the ER and Im not sure you have that either?

Also you SHOULD tell someone about your concerns so that you can see someone about them.

BrokenAge
02-02-17, 01:01
I really dislike the thought of medication honestly. I'll just try to work past the heart palpitations but it's just but me in the dumps lol.

Fishmanpa
02-02-17, 01:49
lol.

It's no laughing matter, You come here seeking advice and laugh off sound recommendations? Perhaps you should think twice before asking.

Positive thoughts

BrokenAge
02-02-17, 03:04
I'm not laughing off his recommendation? Im just trying to make light of this situation instead of feeling depressed. Didn't know it came off that way, I apologize.

Dave1
02-02-17, 03:21
It helps to laugh about it IMHO

I should tell my parents to just buy my coffin now because I only have a few more days
:):)

I got heartburn just reading your diet.
:):)

MyNameIsTerry
02-02-17, 03:33
I'm not laughing off his recommendation? Im just trying to make light of this situation instead of feeling depressed. Didn't know it came off that way, I apologize.

You didn't, Nick, and you have nothing to apologise for. Given the amount of help you've offered to others around the forum too I wouldn't believe you would take anything lightly.

Fishmanpa
02-02-17, 03:59

Based on your post history, it did to me. I have kids older than you and it pains me to see you suffering as you do. I don't know what your relationship with your parents is like but perhaps you can speak to them about getting professional help and yes, sometimes it includes meds. My daughter came to me at 18 and told me what was going on. I, along with her mother got her help. She's in therapy, taking meds and just graduated college. So it's your choice. You've averaged a thread+ a week in the last year on various fears and concerns and the pattern is just repeating itself. You can continue to struggle or seek real life help.

Positive thoughts

BrokenAge
02-02-17, 04:18
Once again, I'm sorry it came off that way but my parents think it's a waste of time and money. I maybe give myself too much credit but I like to think I can handle it. I tend to just need to rant, which is why I like this site so much. I can see people who have similar problems and I can hear them relate and it's comforting. My family isn't the type to talk about emotions and feelings so I keep to myself. Luckily my parents are pretty open about it especially since my mom has anxiety but it's always something that you just deal with, not discuss. I'll eventually go to therapy again for a bit but I'm really sorry about this.

MyNameIsTerry
02-02-17, 05:15
Nick, again you have nothing to apologise for. Many people, especially the young and even more so young Americans, seem to have a habit of putting "lol" on the end of something serious. I used to wonder about it myself but I've met enough people who do it who also aren't trying to troll people on here or laugh at people or be dismissive.

Forget it, anyway the person themselves hasn't raised it as an issue anyway.

I've known you for sometime and you come and go. You have good periods and you are not on here. You also have spikes where things are rough for a time and then you escape them. That isn't evident in post histories and it would be impossible to know your good periods unless you mention them, which I know you have to me.

Many people have the recirculating patterns. Learning to anticipate the signs and how to keep it from taking you over is all part of recovery.

You've told me that you enjoy time with friends. I would suggest you look back at those times when things have been better and start introducing those things to see if they lift you. If you are spending too much time thinking, and thinking negatively, anxiety gets you stuck in a rut. The fact you can have good times suggests you are not in a more severe stage where nothing seems to work and it takes ages for any change.

Your diet is a factor. We all tend to slip at Xmas. Get some healthier options in, even around meals if it's the only way, and be wary of seeing a bodily issue and allowing the anxious mind to runaway with it.

BrokenAge
02-02-17, 05:41
Thanks Terry, I appreciate it. When I'm not posting here you're right, it's because my anxiety fades for the time. I'm starting to work on fixing my diet because I feel as if that's the main reason I feel like poop, like Fishman said. I suppose the "lol" is just a habit but I try not to be super serious. You're right, I don't mean it to dismiss what he's saying I'm just trying to calm down.

swajj
02-02-17, 07:48
To be fair Terry there is probably noone on here more supportive than Fishman. I do know that you are supportive too but in a different way. It actually was hard to tell if the OP was being flippant. The opening post was in no way humourous. There is sometimes a disconnect here. Fish takes the time to read and think about a member's concerns. His advice is the result of those contemplations. It can be frustrating when you do all that and the member laughs off your advice. You kind of wonder why you gave it any mental energy.

MyNameIsTerry
02-02-17, 08:28
To be fair Terry there is probably noone on here more supportive than Fishman. I do know that you are supportive too but in a different way. It actually was hard to tell if the OP was being flippant. The opening post was in no way humourous. There is sometimes a disconnect here. Fish takes the time to read and think about a member's concerns. His advice is the result of those contemplations. It can be frustrating when you do all that and the member laughs off your advice. You kind of wonder why you gave it any mental energy.

Fair enough, I would agree on the flippancy element. I just didn't see it here.

I know Nick since we both talk on the OCD board and he's never been anything other than supportive to people. But that doesn't mean I'm criticising the other party, more suggesting it might be an incorrect perception with me knowing Nick.

I used to see it and think WTF ages ago as it does feel that way but I've found it's just how some people write.

And besides, the poster Nick responded too was somebody else who hasn't raised a concern.

NoraB
02-02-17, 09:31
I My diet for this month was just pure acidic foods like pizza, tacos, junk food and fast food. That's makes up 90% of my diet recently.

BA, If you eat crap, you'll feel like crap and the amount of sugar you will be eating in all this lot WILL make your anxiety symptoms worse. Trust me.

Eat healthily, drink more water and you WILL feel the benefit. Honestly, I used to enjoy my fair share of crappy but fabulous food but feeling ill wasn't worth it. There are lots of things people can do to ease their symptoms and diet plays a big part in that.

All the best.