PDA

View Full Version : Lump in pubic area that seems different everyday?

Leslie735
01-02-17, 21:17
I posted a couple weeks ago about a lump I found down below. Its about 2 inches below my csection scar and 2 inches over from my groin on the right side. It feels like a tiny pea under the skin and it feels like it could be attached to muscle because when I tense or flex that area it becomes more prominent. Its completely painless, firm, and doesn't move from what I can tell. If it does move its ever so slight that it seems like it doesn't. If I press firmly on it I can get it to flatten out. I noticed that if I press on it and massage it it will feel smaller for a while then a few hours later go back to how it felt before. I'm going to my doctor next week to have her check it out but in the meantime I'm wondering what it is. I'm pretty sure its not a lymph node. I'm wondering if its scar tissue from my csections? My last one was 8 years ago. But its a good 2 inches below my scarline so I don't know? Can anyone shed light? I'm not panicked over it but my radar is up.

Fishmanpa
01-02-17, 21:23
You've been worried about this for weeks. This is something that's probably been there for ages and you discovered it by self examination and attached anxious significance to it. You'll see your doctor next week. I have my "Told ya so" all ready ;)

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
01-02-17, 21:25
You've been worried about this for weeks. This is something that's probably been there for ages and you discovered it by self examination and attached anxious significance to it. You'll see your doctor next week. I have my "Told ya so" all ready ;)

Positive thoughts

I sure hope you're right!!! :winks: If it wasn't so firm and moveable I wouldn't worry near as much. I'm actually kinda proud of myself because I've been worrying over this for a few weeks but I have yet to have that full blow "panic" like I have in the past. I've been trying to make some positive changes in my life. Cleaned up my diet, started exercising again etc. Trying to work on my anxiety overall. It would help if I didn't find lumps, though. :shrug:

Fishmanpa
01-02-17, 21:43
It would help if I didn't find lumps, though. :shrug:

We ain't made of porcelain kiddo ;)

Positive thoughts

Sphincterclench
01-02-17, 21:47
We ain't made of porcelain kiddo ;)

Positive thoughts

Speak for yourself.....like a babys bottom I am and anyone who says otherwise is a filthy liar.

Fishmanpa
01-02-17, 21:57
Speak for yourself.....like a babys bottom I am and anyone who says otherwise is a filthy liar.

The only thing that smooth on me is my head after a shave ;) ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Dave1
01-02-17, 23:02
Hi Leslie,

I'm certainly no doctor :) but maybe it's a tiny hernia? In men, if they're that small you just ignore them, I don't know about women.

Leslie735
02-02-17, 02:06
Hi Leslie,

I'm certainly no doctor :) but maybe it's a tiny hernia? In men, if they're that small you just ignore them, I don't know about women.

That did cross my mind but there is no pain with it.

JamieRR6
02-02-17, 21:42
I am a male, but also had a small lump under the skin in my pubic region. Told the doctor and she said it's some form of cyst and to keep an eye on it over a few weeks. Long story short it took about a month and dissappeared completely!

Leslie735
03-02-17, 17:41
I am a male, but also had a small lump under the skin in my pubic region. Told the doctor and she said it's some form of cyst and to keep an eye on it over a few weeks. Long story short it took about a month and dissappeared completely!

Thank you for posting that! What did it feel like? Mine is firm but not bone hard firm, doesn't move and it feels like it could be on a muscle or tendon because when I flex the area its easier to feel. :shrug:

Nzxt27
03-02-17, 19:12
I think your fine. But if you start worrying about it too much see a dr they will tell you you are fine and you can relax on it some.

Beckie4567
03-02-17, 20:24
Just go to the docter surely that's the best thing to do to put your mind at rest

JamieRR6
03-02-17, 21:14
Pretty much identical to how you have described it there! I found I was checking it a lot when I was worried, but when the doctor didn't seem phased, it eventually slipped from my mind and disappeared.

Leslie735
04-02-17, 02:41
Pretty much identical to how you have described it there! I found I was checking it a lot when I was worried, but when the doctor didn't seem phased, it eventually slipped from my mind and disappeared.

Thank you, that helps me feel a lot better! Yours was under the skin, nothing you could see? Mine is completely under the skin, I can only feel it. Doesn't move from what I can tell.

Leslie735
13-02-17, 04:36
Saw my doctor on Wednesday. She said it's scar tissue from my csections. :)

Nzxt27
13-02-17, 06:50
That's good to hear. :)

Dave1
14-02-17, 01:15
Pleased to hear that!

Fishmanpa
14-02-17, 01:22
Saw my doctor on Wednesday. She said it's scar tissue from my csections. :)

Aaaaand.... "Told ya so!" ;)

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
14-02-17, 04:38
Aaaaand.... "Told ya so!" ;)

Positive thoughts

Lol!! I was hoping you'd respond with that. ;)

nhelen79
14-02-17, 18:15
If I press firmly on it I can get it to flatten out. .

from my own experience of my leg lumpy thing, the doctor said if it's get flatten, it can be the following things:
1. live fat - soften with pressure
2. puddle of liquid/air - soften with pressure
3. dead fat/scar tissue - soften with pressure

hope you get to see the doctor soon to resolve it.