PDA

View Full Version : Changing Symptoms

locopingas
01-02-17, 22:34
Newcomer to the board, and about a month in to feeling like this- my physical anxiety symptoms keep changing- does anyone else get this- this is accompanied by me worrying that I have yet another life threatening condition.

It started over christmas- I'd had quite a stressful few months at work, long hours, tight deadlines, drinking a little too much. I'd also had a slightly traumatic event in my personal life, but I thought I was coping.

Then on the 27th December, I felt a sudden, sharp stabbing pain in the chest- that was it, but it spooked me. I got on with my day though.
Then, up until the new year, around midday, I felt a pain in my chest and numbness in my left arm, also had the sensation of not breathing in enough air, even though my breathing was fine... Absolutely convinced I had heart disease, and was about to drop down dead. However, when I first felt the symptoms, they could have been indigestion- me googling symptoms of a heart attack didn't help, because after I did that, I found myself with a pain in my jaw.
This finally came to a head when a work, I felt a muscle aching pain in my chest, on the left side and called NHS 111, who assured me that my symptoms were not that of cardiac disease.

I made a doctors appointment for the following week, and at this point, the physical sensations stopped, to be replaced by mental anxiety- I was constantly running over various frightening, non health related scenarios that could happen to me- this again persisted for a few days, before subsiding. By the time my doctors appointment came round, I felt fine and hardly thought about the anxiety or had any sensations- didn't see any point in going, but I did.

Then, in the waiting room, I started thinking about the anxiety, and my left arm starting going numb/pins and needles. Doctor said anxiety and stress and sent me on my way. At this point, I notice the veins on my hands, particularly the left are extremely visible. They subside then come back- I'm convinced that I have thrombosis or a clot.

Then I forget about those symptoms and don't feel them, but the next week I have a couple of headaches, and I'm convinced this is a precursor to a brain aneurysm. Then I forget about that and get back to normal.

This weekend gone I drink a little too much- not enough to be very drunk but above the limit (Been a heavy but drinker for less than five years, and have long periods of abstinence), then I get the flu and am off sick at home, First day fine, yesterday, after hearing about bleeding varices, I become convinced I have severe liver damage/cirrhosis despite having absolutely no physical symptoms whatsoever. However, I start to feel a slight pain in my abdomen, and a very brief pulsing sensation tonight, and I start panicking that I have an abdominal aneurysm.

At the moment, if I hear about any form of life-threatening condition, I subconciously begin mentally checking myself for any symptoms, and these areas start feeling slightly painful. I'm frightened of dying... and at the same time, I know its all in my head. But that doesn't always help.

TL:DR I have anxiety, and in one month I've been convinced I have had
-Heart disease
-Thrombosis
-Aneurysm
-Liver Disease/Cirrhosis

And have had physical sensations corresponding to all of these. Anyone else had similar?

nomorepanic
01-02-17, 22:39
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

NoraB
02-02-17, 08:01
And have had physical sensations corresponding to all of these. Anyone else had similar?

I've had so many different symptoms over the past three years convincing me that I have had heart failure, a brain tumour, most cancers and MS, ME, you name it..

As convinced as I have been, ALL tests keep coming back fine.:whistles:

I stay off Dr Google because he does me NO good whatsoever and the moment I see some poor individual with some disease on TV, (whether real or acted) I tell myself, 'SHUT UP YOU SILLY COW, YOU DON'T HAVE IT!' and turn over to watch something funny.

I have the pulsing in my tummy all the time. I've had it for years and the slimmer I am, the more apparent it is.

insideout20
02-02-17, 11:37
Hi,

This is me right now, every week i have a new symptom honestly, it cant possibley be true but they feel real to me, i have to get a chest xray and my throat looked at because when i swallow food keeps sticking down the right hand side, now im convinved its cancer, i suffer from gerd but still

every week something new its making my life complete hell