PDA

View Full Version : Lump under rib

Essy
02-02-17, 02:21
Just after a bit of reassurance really. I have been having tenderness under my right ribs for a little while, and now I can feel a hard lump at the bottom, quite deep inside. I am quite skinny so can really feel around. I am wondering if this could be a 'floating rib'. Has any felt anything similar? I am terrified it is something sinister. Scared to go to docs because they are used to my health anxiety and tend to fob me off.

Essy
02-02-17, 09:32
Anyone? I am freaking out a little. I am also getting a weird full, gurgling sensation after eating just above my belly button.

Leah88
02-02-17, 09:43
I can feel my floating rib. I am also skinny so it's quite easy to feel. It's probably that. Or possibly even the tissue around one of your organs. Things are easy to feel when you're skinny.

Essy
02-02-17, 09:57
Thanks for replying, does yours feel quite hard. I am driving myself insane. I think I can feel similar on the left so I am trying to take comfort from that. Aargh this HA never stops.

Leslie735
02-02-17, 13:32
I have a lump under my right rib area. I discovered it back over the summer. It hurts when I press on it a little. I figured it was just a fatty thing.

Essy
02-02-17, 13:47
I always think of the worse case scenario! I can never rationalise and then I can't think of anything else until a different symptom kicks in. My own worst enemy :weep:

Sphincterclench
02-02-17, 16:11
I have what my Dr calls a "fat pad" on my left ribs and just below them but there is always that nagging doubt in my head that I have something more sinister going on there.

http://imgur.com/a/oXfeg

you can see from the photo that there is a pronounce "fullness" under the left pec and a visble bulge below it but ultrasound showed nothing of significance. so I simply deal with it and TRY not to let it freak me out.

TimeSoup
02-02-17, 16:59
Is your lump firmly fixed as a bone would, or is it floating around some as you palplate it?

Sphincterclench
02-02-17, 17:28
well...you can feel them but they are spongy not hard. and no they really dont move.

Essy
02-02-17, 19:32
Is your lump firmly fixed as a bone would, or is it floating around some as you palplate it?

Mine seems to feel hard like a bone (that's why I thought it was the end of a floating rib) and I think I can feel similar on left side but not as pronounced. Worried me as I get a fullness gurgle sensation in the same vicinity and when pressing on felt this 'lump' so of course HA skyrocketed!

emmalj0
04-02-17, 17:52
I have a lump on my rib it's where my underwire sits iv had four years now mine moves under skin. It's palpable but nothing at all shows up in ultrasound I don't know what it is. I panic everyday it's something bad but nothing I can do due to the fact Dr's won't remove it as doesn't show up on ultrasound x