PDA

View Full Version : Regarding my previous post

bingjam
02-02-17, 07:49
Ok so in my last post I explained that I have a cracked wisdom tooth that I had to wait for a referal to come through with a wait of 6-8 weeks. It's been a week since my app and the pain has almost halved compared to what it has been which is good

Anyway since last night I've had a full ache from the tooth but also horrible pains in my jaw bone too.

I'm terrified it's infected and I've read some horror stories of when a tooth becomes infected, dovim terrifed that's what's happening to me.

Does it sound like there's an infection there??

Baring in mind, I had an xray last week at the dentist and he did not mention that there was a infection and looking at the xray there didn't seem to be an infection. The dentist did prescribe me some amoxicillin but no pain meds.
My pain isn't as bad as 2 days ago, I would be on the verge of tears then, whereas now its deffo a pain I can manage without taking anything for it, but there is sharo paina in my jaw...

MyNameIsTerry
02-02-17, 08:38
I broke a wisdom tooth but for me getting an infection increased the pain.

The best thing go do would be to contact your dentist. They can easily check for infection and will just treat it with antibiotics. I needed two courses as the first was a short course and didn't quite get rid of it so it came back.

I really wouldn't worry about infection. It's common and commonly treated. If you are finding stories about things like abscesses leaking then I've an idea the type of stuff you will find. My brother had one of those untreated for weeks and be was easily treated with antibiotics and then had a tooth removed.

And if the odd close by lymph node pops up, remember that does happen with infections sometimes and doesn't mean there is anything else to worry about.