PDA

View Full Version : Help please freaking out.

ella32
02-02-17, 08:34
I'm starting to freak out right now because I'm having a weird cold sensation in my chest area and I don't know what causing it. I'm doing my breathing exercise to keep calm well trying to anyway. Does anyone else get this weird cold sensation in chest .

Gary A
02-02-17, 09:16
I'm starting to freak out right now because I'm having a weird cold sensation in my chest area and I don't know what causing it. I'm doing my breathing exercise to keep calm well trying to anyway. Does anyone else get this weird cold sensation in chest .

It's not your heart.

Kanji
02-02-17, 10:19
Hey there.

To be honest, this sounds like your run of the mill anxiety symptom. Cold sensations and cold chills are probably way up there in the massive list of symptoms of anxiety. You could also be, well, cold! Haha. Sometimes anxiety can lower our overall body temperature.

This does not sound like anything sinister in my personal opinion, but keep at the breathing exercises! Regulating breathing is always a good thing - those of us with HA tend to hyperventilate.

Have a good one!

Rhiannon.
02-02-17, 13:09
Whenever I get a panic attack my hands go really cold first then it spreads throughout my body :)

ella32
02-02-17, 15:50
Thanks all for replying. I know I post a lot about chest pains and have had a lot of testing done on heart to rule out anything heart related but when I get pains or any kind of sensation in chest i automatically panic and think worse case scenario i can't seem to help it. Like now I'm having pain in left chest area going through to my back on that side and thinking it's heart related which is horrible but I can't help it and I don't know why. It doesn't enter my head the amount of times doctors have told me physically my heart is fine because my first thought is heart related it doesn't seem to register that only 3 weeks ago I had a normal stress test which is a good indication that heart OK so the doctor who read results told me. It just doesn't register and I don't know what to do anymore.