PDA

View Full Version : What makes you more anxious? Hot or cold weather?

Carnation
02-02-17, 13:18
I thought it would be interesting to see what affects or anxiety more.
When the weather is very hot or very cold.
I know there is a case for both, but if I had to make a choice it, it be hot for me.

Rhiannon.
02-02-17, 13:23
Cold weather for me. My panic attacks usually start with a coldness in my hands that seeps throughout my body. So when I get naturally cold I sometimes freak out and bring a panic attack on.

Though when it is too hot I tend to feel unwell. I struggle to cool down once I get too hot!

But being too cold causes far more anxiety

Essy
02-02-17, 13:23
Same here, I hate the cold but don't mind bundling up. I associate being hot / sweaty with being anxious, so yes that would be the worse of the 2 for me.

KeeKee
02-02-17, 14:37
The weather doesn't affect my anxiety either way although the warmer weather has a negative affect on my depression. I can't handle the heat at all and even on the coldest days if I go for a walk I overheat very quickly. Drives me crazy!

NoraB
02-02-17, 14:57
I find cold weather to be the lesser of the two evils because I don't have to stress about shaving me bits..Come the end of May I get the Black and Decker out and start strimmin' if yer know what I mean?:D

Seriously though, as much as I prefer it colder, the dark days of winter do affect me.:weep:

Maybe I need one of those SAD lamps?:shrug:

Magic
02-02-17, 15:17
Hot for me:shades:

Sphincterclench
02-02-17, 15:23
Hot def, it can be below freezing and i can add layers, you can be buck naked and still be hot.

both will keep me in the house and the more I am stuck inside the worse my anxiety gets

swgrl09
02-02-17, 15:36
Hot is worse for me. It ups my anxiety. I think being light until 8-9 PM makes my anxiety worse. Depression, on the other hand, seems to not really make a difference based on weather.

Carnation
02-02-17, 18:36
Looks as though 'Hot' is in the lead so far. :wacko:

MyNameIsTerry
03-02-17, 05:44
I find cold weather to be the lesser of the two evils because I don't have to stress about shaving me bits..Come the end of May I get the Black and Decker out and start strimmin' if yer know what I mean?:D

Seriously though, as much as I prefer it colder, the dark days of winter do affect me.:weep:

Maybe I need one of those SAD lamps?:shrug:

:roflmao:

Being a nudist (:whistles:) I tend to get my Black & Decker out most of the time anyway. :winks: A good daily rubbing with factor 50 is needed around May though, the month that is not the Prime Minister....:biggrin:

Chris 614
03-02-17, 07:05
Hot for sure. I get more hot flashes and they sometimes make me anxious. I also find heat stifling.

NoraB
03-02-17, 07:49
:roflmao:

Being a nudist (:whistles:) I tend to get my Black & Decker out most of the time anyway. :winks: A good daily rubbing with factor 50 is needed around May though, the month that is not the Prime Minister....:biggrin:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

bingjam
03-02-17, 18:16
Cold for me... my anxiety is at a peak through winter

Fishmanpa
03-02-17, 18:28
Neither causes me anxiety. I love the warmer months but I find it much easier to get warm during cold weather than it is to cool off when it's hot.

Positive thoughts

bottleblond
03-02-17, 18:34
Nora :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I don't cope with the hot heat very well at all. (well I am Scottish after all):winks:

As Mr Clench says, at least if it's cold you can add extra layer so it's so much easier to adjust to a comfortable temperature whereas if it's TOO hot, muggy and sticky, I find it really difficult to cool down. Also that feeling where it is so warm outside, it feels like there is no air. That makes me feel quite anxious.