PDA

View Full Version : Gap between increases in dose

cokesmyth5
02-02-17, 14:52
Can anyone remind me please how long to leave before increasing the dose.
I'm on 150 mg but am having a blip and may need to go up to 225.
Thanks

skymaid
04-02-17, 00:11
You can go up 300mg a week according to the prescribing info but personally I went up 50mg every 3 days just because it made me so sleepy

My gp said dose changes can take up to 4 weeks to kick in and i did read that somewhere else too but i tended to notice the difference within a week

SmilingAlbert
04-02-17, 10:34
In my experience, the SEs of Pregabalin are very benign - sleepiness is probably the main one as Skymaid says. It has none of the SSRI agitation horrors etc., and as such increases can be switched on quickly, and I think impacts can also be felt quickly too - indeed it's one of the advantages of this med

i.e. none of the SSRI "you're feeling awful, so take this, and you'll feel even more awful for a while before you feel better."

cokesmyth5
05-02-17, 14:39
Smiling Albert
Thank you for replying.
Now on my third day of 200mg. Prep has always made me sleepy, I've grown used to that. What I have found these past few days is that I've been getting horrible headaches all day. Any experience of that? I think it happened to me before when I increased the dose.
Thanks
Nic

skymaid
06-02-17, 01:20
I did have a few days of headaches when i started i think but its hard to tell since i get those from anxiety too

braindead
21-03-17, 11:04
my shrink put me on 150mg a day straight away , i am bipolar so i have other meds , pregabalin seems cool to me no side effects , hoping to go 300mg and ditch olanzapine and mirtazapine

hanshan
21-03-17, 14:33
As the posts above indicate, some people need to increase slowly (mostly due to side effects), but others can increase doses quite quickly with no ill effects.

You can increase at a rate of around 25 mg per increase with a couple of weeks in between all the way up to 300 mg per week. Give each new dose a few days to settle, then listen to what your body is telling you in terms of anxiety persisting and side effects (which may be temporary) to plan your next move regarding doses. It's not a precise science, so there is an element of trial and error involved.

braindead
22-03-17, 17:57
i am coming off mirtazapine and olanzapine , i need to go higher than 25 mg to keep pace with withdrawals .

braindead
12-04-17, 18:15
Can anyone remind me please how long to leave before increasing the dose.
I'm on 150 mg but am having a blip and may need to go up to 225.
Thanks
Me i would give it a week but i am nuts:w00t2: