PDA

View Full Version : i walked to the shop alone

susie
02-02-17, 15:40
today after many years i walked alone to my local shop,it wasnt far and i was terrified my therapist was waiting outside the shop for me next week the plan is for me to walk there and back alone .when i got back home i cried like a baby but i am so pleased with myself i thought i would share:)

NoraB
02-02-17, 15:44
today after many years i walked alone to my local shop,it wasnt far and i was terrified my therapist was waiting outside the shop for me next week the plan is for me to walk there and back alone .when i got back home i cried like a baby but i am so pleased with myself i thought i would share:)

Be proud of yourself. WTG lovely! :)

Magic
02-02-17, 15:45
Well done Susie. Thank you for sharing.:hugs:xx

pulisa
02-02-17, 17:47
Am so pleased for you, Susie! That's a massive step for you..literally! You must feel absolutely overwhelmed and so proud of yourself! xx

Panic sufferer
02-02-17, 18:04
well done. The first step and hopefully the first of many! It's great to have a supportive therapist as well.

susie
02-02-17, 18:33
thank you its just baby steps but i will get there:)

pulisa
02-02-17, 18:42
It's certainly not baby steps, Susie!

gregcool
02-02-17, 19:18
Well done you.thats a masive step ,if you pardon the pun..facing your fear and moving forward.you should feel very proud of yourself.keep going

xBettyBoopx
02-02-17, 19:55
Well done. It's a huge accomplishment:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Buster70
02-02-17, 20:15
Well done , feels great doesn't it I bet you were on a high all day , it will feel good every time you achieve something new so stick with it .:yesyes:

Hanbr
03-02-17, 00:15
Well done!

:hugs:

Bigboyuk
03-02-17, 09:14
Excellent Work, well done Susie! So proud of you :) Sometimes you have to come out of your comfort zone, which you did perfectly deffiantley the WTG :) And what a marvellous therapist you have :) You are on the way now to a better life keep up the good work:yesyes::hugs: Cheers

susie
03-02-17, 12:16
aww thank you it will be hard i know but worth it

Bigboyuk
03-02-17, 12:35
aww thank you it will be hard i know but worth it You are welcome :) And while another member said it wasn't baby steps it was in fact baby steps as the therapist didn't expect you to walk miles to meet her, you have to build it up gradually over a period of time but good progress has been made Brilliant :)

Fishmanpa
03-02-17, 15:51
I think that's a great accomplishment and something to build on :)

Positive thoughts

pulisa
03-02-17, 17:00
You are welcome :) And while another member said it wasn't baby steps it was in fact baby steps as the therapist didn't expect you to walk miles to meet her, you have to build it up gradually over a period of time but good progress has been made Brilliant :)

If you've been agoraphobic for many years what Susie has done may be baby steps literally but it's a marathon in terms of mental achievement and breaking through that mental block which has been holding her back. That's what I meant, BB.

Jacqueline7
03-02-17, 20:35
Well done xxxx bravery and not giving up are essential tools for us all. U showed them both today xxxx

Jacqueline