PDA

View Full Version : scared of cryin

Buby
23-10-04, 23:23
im so scared of cryin......i havent cried since last yr but i so need to. everytime i start to well up, i have to stop my self cryin! im so scared of the feelin tht happens to my throat and the headaches tht im too paranoid tht ill pass out. i dnt kno how to conquer it! im really scared of ppl seein me cry too :( i dnt kno what to do...

any advice? xx

seh1980
23-10-04, 23:31
hi there,

We all need a good cry sometime so don't hold it back!! I always feel better after crying. Why does it scare you so much?

Sarah :D

tara
24-10-04, 11:46
Hi I was in the same position as you and totally afraid of crying, I hadn't cried in 3 years, I didn't even cry when my 7 week old son was seriously ill and had to have a operation! until last year I cried for the first time in 3 years, and it took a lot for me to let it out, i'm not a hard person so please don't think that I was just totally scared crying !! It was a case of if i did cry I might not stop !!

Crying is a wonderful emoition for helping you to release tension, anxiety and just remember it's a natural emotion to release!! Just give yourself a big hug whilst crying it won't do you any harm at all you won't pass out!! Don't fight it if you need to cry just let it go and release it all. It's taken me a long time to this but now I can have a cry and not be afraid!! Hope this helps you Tara xx

minny
24-10-04, 11:47
Hi Ratchit!

What scared me about crying was the fear that I might never stop. I held it all in for far to long so when it did eventually come out, it was more like an explosion. Crying is offloading! Sarah is sooooo right! We all feel much better after a good cry. Its always best to let it all out as holding it in results in all your feelings festering inside.

It can be so scary letting go sometimes but some things are better out than in. Get yourself a big box of tissues and go with your feelings. There are plenty of people here who will support you and hugs are in plentiful supply! :)

Love Minny...xxx

I have NOT failed!! Ive succeeded in finding 1000 solutions that dont work! :o)

minny
24-10-04, 11:49
Me and Tara were posting at exactly the same time! lol!

Tara just summed it all up! :)

Love Minny...xx

I have NOT failed!! Ive succeeded in finding 1000 solutions that dont work! :o)

Tracy68
24-01-05, 16:44
I've never suffered with that in fact i'm the total opposite......always crying lol BUT my fiance doesn't cry. He's had so much gone on in his past and alot of hurt that he says if he starts he doesn't think he'll ever stop. So you're not alone.
Tracy
xxx

mumof4
24-01-05, 17:14
Im the oppisate i cry abit to much especally when im panicy it makes me feel better.

Dont be scared to cry nothing will happen to u.

FAN
24-01-05, 19:45
i cry too much too and sometimes im not even sure why im crying but think iot makes me fel much better

fan x

nomorepanic
24-01-05, 20:40
Crying release some hormones (can't remember the name) and they are actually good for you. That is why we feel better after a good cry.

Don't be afraid to cry all you need to it - it is a way of healing.

Nicola

nomorepanic
24-01-05, 20:45
Take a look at this ......
http://www.edwardwillett.com/Columns/crying.htm

Nicola