PDA

View Full Version : Scared my anxiety is turning into depression

Twirlywoo
02-02-17, 18:05
I'm getting myself into a right mess thinking my anxiety is turning into depression.

I feel sad and upset like I want to cry.
I don't want to go out and do things like I did before.
I've completely lost my sex drive and it's having a massive impact on my relationship.
I feel low and don't want to do nothing

I don't know why it's making me panic as I know both go hand in hand I guess but I feel all panicky that I'm now on my way to depression 😩😩

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

Also I'm terrified I'm slipping into depression and the word suicide frightens the life out of me. I had a massive panic attack earlier because I thought of depression and then saw a post about suicidal thoughts and now I'm Ina right mess and can't stop crying

GS83
02-02-17, 18:54
First of all sending you a massive hit. Second let's break it down...... firstly what are you anxious about? Being depressed or are the other bits too? Xxx

Twirlywoo
02-02-17, 19:41
Everything I guess,
I'm scared of getting depression and then not wanting to be here?
The thought of it scares me so much.
I don't want to feel that way and now my anxiety is fixated on the fact I may end up in that dark place 😩

Plus my relationship is having a massive bang with how I've been 😢

Cakelady
02-02-17, 21:59
Sending you hugs. You sound in a difficult place. Could be worth speaking to your gp about your worries & there are things he can suggest to help, sometimes just talking through difficult feelings really helps. Take care xx

.Poppy.
03-02-17, 15:02
:hugs:

Depression is not a fun thing to deal with, but maybe it would help you to know that just because you're depressed doesn't mean you're suicidal. I've had days where I don't want to be here but I've never been so low that I'm actually contemplating suicide.

Are you taking any medications? I was put on an SSRI about a year ago when my anxiety got really bad again and the depression really set in. It wasn't a magical cure but it has kept my head above water during some very difficult times.

I do agree that it's worth seeing your GP over as he can maybe suggest either medication or therapy, or both, to help you feel a bit better.