View Full Version : Update on high BP and lupus fear

LF87
02-02-17, 18:37
I went to the doctors today following a dodgy appointment at my usual clinic where I collect my contraceptive pill. My BP was so high she wouldn't give me it, so I made a docs appointment. I told the lady I was very anxious but she still wouldn't give me it. Anyway I've been frantic since then that I have a high BP. My doctor did it twice today and came back with a textbook 122/62. So I'm pretty happy with that!

I was also worried I might have lupus, after having a lot of facial flushing. My HA rules went out the window and I've been furiously Googling for a week and came up with the conclusion I DEFINITELY have lupus. Google mentioned the butterfly rash, hair loss, high BP, joint pain. I was utterly certain this was me, as I had a clump of hair fall out 2 weeks ago, in the same place as two years ago. Anyway, I showed the doctor my flushed nose and cheeks today and a picture I took last night when it was very bad. She said it's not lupus rash. She said the hair loss isn't related. She said I don't have high BP, and the joint pain I have isn't the kind you get with lupus. So I'm in the clear right? I'm still niggling about the rash, but overall I think I can put it to bed.

Fishmanpa
02-02-17, 18:44
And here's that well deserved "Told ya so" ;)

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
02-02-17, 18:52
Your BP was 122/62? what are you,12? lol! Glad to hear things have settled down again though.

ISB ☺

LF87
02-02-17, 18:58
Hahaaa too right Fishman! I need a good cyber slap every now and then. Hopefully I'll not run away with any symptoms again any time soon :/

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

Haha I know ISB, I was pretty surprised considering my heart was hammering away before my appointment. She's a good doctor though, told me to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth slowly while she did it, must have settled me down X