PDA

View Full Version : anxiety made me break the law !!!

mirry
17-04-07, 15:04
Today I went to work for 2 hours then popped into my local convenience shop. Whilst there I picked up a basket full of items and a giant packet of toilet rolls. Then I stood in line to pay where a big que formed behind me:blush:
I felt my anxiety levels go up and started hoping I wouldnt panic, so when it was my turn I threw the basket at the man in a hurry and paid in a hurry and dashed out of the shop, only to look down and see the huge bag of toilet rolls still on my arm "UNPAID FOR" :ohmy: ,
i didnt know what to do :shrug: , I considered going back in but the que was so long I couldnt bear the thought of announcing "I havent paid for these" so I dashed home and am sitting here feeling guilty.

What worrys me is , it would be awful to get arrested for shop lifting just because of my severe anxiety and panic attacks :mad: , its like I really do not know what I am doing, i get in such a state sometimes.

My husband has just got in from work and said "how can you miss a 12 roll pack of toilet rolls ?" its hard explaining it to someone whos so calm.

domino
17-04-07, 16:58
Oh mirry, do,nt be so hard on yourself, easy to say i know, but you are not the first ,and certainly wo,nt be the last.The amount of times i,ve hooked on items onto the trolley and have not put them on the belt to be scanned, then realised after, how embaressing for you. It,s ok it happens!:shrug:

yorkylover
17-04-07, 17:22
You poor thing,I really wouldnt worry.Its done now.You were anxious,so its easy done.If you really feel bad,go back when its quiet with the receipt and explain they forgot to charge you for them,or with your hubby.Its the shops fault as well for not noticing you had them.I would really forget about it,but if its making you more anxious,this is what I would do.They would probably be really nice that you came back.:hugs: :hugs:

jo61
17-04-07, 17:38
Don't lose any sleep over it Mirry, they certainly won't! It was honest mistake so don't beat yourself up.

strawberrie
17-04-07, 18:20
mirry, don't worry about it. I've accidentally 'stolen' loo rolls before, not because of anxiety but just because i had them on the end of the trolley and didnt notice them when I put the other stuff through. I've 'stolen' flowers like that too :blush: . It's funny cos I'm actually really law-abiding by nature, but cos I'm pretty absent minded it turns out I'm a proper criminal without even meaning to be :blush: .

I bet there's not one person who's never left a shop without forgetting to pay for something. I know you are feeling stressed about it because it was caused by your anxiety, but it happens to everyone, even those without anxiety. Just try not to worry about it - everyone makes mistakes!

mag :flowers: :hugs:

jodie
17-04-07, 18:23
hi mirry

poor you

dont worry about it i have done it when my little girl was a baby i picked up some flowers and put them on the top of the buggy paid for all my stuff and forgot about them only to find a guy asking me at the door if i had paid for them :blush: omg like i felt horrid and very red lol i told him i had just forgot he just looked at me and showed me were to pay i mean why would i pinch a bunch of flowers lol:shrug:

jodie xx

honeybee3939
17-04-07, 18:27
Hi Mirry

Dont be hard on yourself, im sure nobody would have noticed anyway.
Try and forget about it hun, i bet it happens all the time.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxx

kate
17-04-07, 22:28
I once stole a liquid eyeliner that I had placed on my bag in the trolley cos they always fall through the holes in the bottom of the trolley.

The eyeliner was for my daughter and I remember getting home and saying "Here's the eyeliner you wanted. Oh by the way I nicked it".

Easily done, especially when we are battling the panicky feelings. Try not to worry about it :hugs:

Kate

Piglet
17-04-07, 22:50
I bet we've all wandered home with an unpaid item mate - don't worry about it honestly!!

Love Piglet :flowers: