PDA

View Full Version : I can see my heart beating in my chest and stomach?

Libra96
03-02-17, 00:41
Hi all, I'm new here and I've suffered from health anxiety all my life.

I'm a 20 year old female and I first noticed I could see my heart beat when I was 17 and while I was lying on the couch I could see my whole stomach move to th rhythm of my heartbeat and later discovered that I could see the same thing in my left breast. It seriously freaks me out. In terms of my heart though I haven't noticed any other symptoms and I measure my heart rate continually and it's always normal/healthy when at rest. Why does it do this? I have googled this (which yes I know I shouldn't do, but it's what we hypochondriacs do best) and I found some scary things such as AAA could cause the stomach to pulsate. But then it's also visible in my breast.

Is this normal and have any of you experienced this? Mine is like this 24/7 even if I am not at all anxious although it is more visible when I'm anxious or after I exercise. I think I'm going to make a doctors appointment even if it's just for some peace of mind, even though I feel I would still be anxious even if they told me it was completely normal. Thanks for any answers I get so scared about this :(

Fishmanpa
03-02-17, 01:24
We are living breathing beings. Our chests rise and fall and arteries pulse with blood as our hearts pumps it through our bodies 24/7. I'd be much more worried if you didn't see this happening ;)

Positive thoughts

Libra96
03-03-17, 00:17
We are living breathing beings. Our chests rise and fall and arteries pulse with blood as our hearts pumps it through our bodies 24/7. I'd be much more worried if you didn't see this happening ;)

Positive thoughts

Thanks for your reply. Sometimes I'm ok with other times I become so worried and spend hours on google. Thanks again

Purple_1985
03-03-17, 00:28
Mine does this, I see my stomach beating to my pulse. A couple of months ago I actually questioned it as it doesn't happen to my partner. By I never looked into it. Know wondering what this AAA is lol

Catherine S
03-03-17, 00:45
It's nothing more than the fact that there are pulse points all over our bodies. From our feet up to our temples and anywhere in between, tops of feet, ankles, groin, backs of knees, stomach, chest/breast, neck and sides of eyes (temples). It's normal.

ISB ☺ x

PASchoolSyndrome
03-03-17, 02:48
Yep. Just your (normal) pulse.

Libra96
12-03-17, 23:24
Mine does this, I see my stomach beating to my pulse. A couple of months ago I actually questioned it as it doesn't happen to my partner. By I never looked into it. Know wondering what this AAA is lol

Thank you so much for your response it's great to know someone has this too!

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

It's nothing more than the fact that there are pulse points all over our bodies. From our feet up to our temples and anywhere in between, tops of feet, ankles, groin, backs of knees, stomach, chest/breast, neck and sides of eyes (temples). It's normal.

ISB ☺ x

Thank you so much for your reassurance!

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Yep. Just your (normal) pulse.

Thank you! Sometimes I just have a really hard time believing it's normal