PDA

View Full Version : Loosing my mind now I think it's a brain tumor

Porko91
03-02-17, 06:08
Last 3 nights I've woken up in the middle of the night with with a head ache and trying to get back to sleep was so hard as it was keeping me up. My vision has gotten much worse over the 3 days like everything is fuzzy. And I'm extremely disoriented, and extremely out of it. The head aches are usually around my eyes and when I laugh real hard the back of my head feels like someone's stabbing it. I picked up glasses 2 days ago as I thought my vision was due to needing glasses don't get me wrong they do what there supposed to do but the fuzziness hasn't gone away which is what I was really hoping for. I just can't keep doing my this anymore I went from thinking I had hiv to als back to hiv and now a brain tumor. I went to the doc today and we even had a laugh about what I had been through over the last 6 months.

My head aches hav been on and off for like 2 months now but they have gotten much worse I had put the head aches previously to tension head aches. But waking up with head aches has scared me immensely. Any one else have this before? I need some reassurance as I'm losing it!

Porko91
03-02-17, 23:28
Really no one?

Sixpack
03-02-17, 23:35
Your anxiety disorder has. You jumping to erroneous conclusions over minor issues--ie headaches. Your anxious over thinking is causing all of the fuzziness and the other things you are worrying over. This is what anxiety does to a body. This not a brain tumor, pure and simple.

Fishmanpa
03-02-17, 23:35
Porko,

Think about it.... You thought you've had ALS and HIV and certainly it wasn't the case. And now? A brain tumor? Realistically, the chances are nil. What's anyone going to say to quell what you know deep down in unrealistic?

Offering reassurance is pretty much throwing words away. You're fine and you as well as we know it ;) The fact you laughed about it with your doctor affirms it.

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
04-02-17, 00:43
And people who say " really? no one?" get right up my nose. No actually, nobody that day has experienced what you describe. Maybe somebody will experience it tomorrow. ..ok? Just fed up of people posting and expecting instant reaction. Other people have lives, and their own issues, and they're not just sitting at their computers waiting for you to post a thread. Jeez.

ISB

TimeSoup
04-02-17, 08:51
First off, for the vision issues, if it can calm you down some: in case of brain tumour it is often one eye that's having the problem and not both. Likewise with numbness in limbs, in case of brain cancer it is one side or one particular limb that would display weakness not all four limbs alltogether.
On a side note, early morning or night awakening migraines should be explored further on. If the symptom persists be headed for your doctor's practice without a second thought.