PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety going out of control

Rhiannon.
03-02-17, 11:44
I've been so good with my health anxiety lately but since being referred to the cardiologist on Monday its gone out of control.

I've been worried about my heart all week. Phone the doc yesterday who said that my ECG didn't worry him at all. Great! My worry about my heart calm and I felt great for most of the day...

Then I went to have a bath and noticed a couple of spots on my body. Time to worry about those! Normally I'd shrug, keep an eye on them, and go to the doc if needed. But yesterday it was instant panic.

Then my stomach was hurting last night, well stomach muscles... I couldn't sleep for worrying about that!

Now today I have pain on the left side of my forehead. Not a headache, it only hurts if I touch it. It's like I bumped it or something. Panic time!

And now, I just washed my dog, but I had to buy new shampoo... Washed my dog but my hands were red and burning. Dog was fine, just me. I have very sensitive skin so that's no surprise. But I can't help but panic about it. I put e45 on and its cooled greatly but left me really rattled.

All these little things are really wearing me down :(

Essy
03-02-17, 14:14
I really feel for you, I am exactly the same. Any sensation or symptom is immediately something sinister in my mind. I wish I could think rationally, but it is always 'what if'. Hoping it gets easier for you.

Gary A
03-02-17, 15:35
I've been so good with my health anxiety lately but since being referred to the cardiologist on Monday its gone out of control.

I've been worried about my heart all week. Phone the doc yesterday who said that my ECG didn't worry him at all. Great! My worry about my heart calm and I felt great for most of the day...

Then I went to have a bath and noticed a couple of spots on my body. Time to worry about those! Normally I'd shrug, keep an eye on them, and go to the doc if needed. But yesterday it was instant panic.

Then my stomach was hurting last night, well stomach muscles... I couldn't sleep for worrying about that!

Now today I have pain on the left side of my forehead. Not a headache, it only hurts if I touch it. It's like I bumped it or something. Panic time!

And now, I just washed my dog, but I had to buy new shampoo... Washed my dog but my hands were red and burning. Dog was fine, just me. I have very sensitive skin so that's no surprise. But I can't help but panic about it. I put e45 on and its cooled greatly but left me really rattled.

All these little things are really wearing me down :(

Break it down. What is it exactly that's wearing you down here? Spots? Stomach pains and head pains that are clearly down to tension? Irritated skin which is always sensitive anyway?

I'm sorry, but you're panicking over things that happen to people on a daily basis and are in no way harmful.

Rhiannon.
03-02-17, 18:01
Thanks both!

And no need to say sorry, Gary, you are totally right. I think it's lingering anxiety trying to find an outlet. It's wearing me down. Not been this bad since I got my dog (she is disabled and gave me a real outlet for my stress). Looks like I need a new outlet of stress to allow myself to worry over something I have control over!