PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of a setback because of big mouth bump

Ihavelostmymarbles
04-02-17, 02:28
So I've been doing good for the most part, but today I started to notice that the side of my cheek and near my lip felt strange. It was a weird texture that didn't feel like the other side. I ate some pizza bites and I think the sauce irritated it. After eating fish and Mac &cheese for dinner, I think it got a bit worse. It looks like a huge red bump in my mouth, and the texture is very smooth. It feels like my cheek and part of my lip is swollen. Almost like I've been punched in the face--and it's fairly sore. I don't think it's a cancer sore because it doesn't have the yellow/white center, it's just all red. I'm starting to get nervous because my husband said something about an allergic reaction, and now I feel like I've just went from doing fine anxiety wise, to now considering an ER visit.

I'm so mad at myself about this because I was doing so good. Now I'm worrying about cancer or anaphylaxis. I really don't want this to lead to a set back, but I'm shaking and I can feel my body trembling. I CAN'T go back to the constant health worrying 24/7 and self-diagnosing. I just need to know that this isn't going to ruin all my progress, and I've been telling myself that no matter what this is--I'm going to be okay.

It's not working but I'm trying.

Catherine S
04-02-17, 02:46
First thing to ask you...how do you know what a cancer sore looks like? You've got a degree from Dr Google yes?

If you really do not want this to escalate then don't allow it to. Can we help you not to do this? I don't know. Maybe. We can probably give you the reassurance you seek, but will you be reassured? How many people saying there's nothing wrong will it take to reassure you? Who knows.

But let me be the first. You don't have cancer.

ISB

LF87
04-02-17, 13:04
I found a bump in my mouth a few days ago and had a bit of a panic. It's gone now. Mouths always get little lumps and bumps, like you said you probably burned it on your food. It'll go away, don't give it a second thought. That's what I'm gonna try to do next time I have a pesky mouth bump!