PDA

View Full Version : Lower Back pain to the right

titch
04-02-17, 10:12
Since yesterday I've had lower back pain to the right near my hip, it only hurts when I move I can't feel it when I sit still or lay down which makes me think maybe it's a pulled muscle? But of course I'm worrying it's my kidneys or something else. My little head won't stop x

saf138
04-02-17, 10:30
Sounds definitely like a muscle issue or even a pinched nerve try not to sit or lay around it can make matters worse try to keep that area active and loose with light stretches.

titch
04-02-17, 10:44
Thank you for your reply is really for it into my head it was my kidneys, getting myself in a right state over it. X

saf138
04-02-17, 10:56
Unfortunately as a HA sufferer we always tend to convince ourselves with the worst case scenario before anything else. Just keep that back active and if need be get a hot water bottle on it and even a dab of deep heat may help. My lower back has been shot for the last 10 years can't even remember when I last touched my toes lol you'll be fine

titch
04-02-17, 11:18
Yep common sense tells me if it was kidneys I'd be in real pain by now but then anxiety pipes up making me worry all over again :( it's no where near as sore as yesterday it's kind of just a dull pain today x

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Plus I'm going the loo as normal so kidneys are working fine x

titch
08-02-17, 17:12
I posted the other day but I've searched and can't find it. Since Friday on and off I've had a pain to my right side in my lower back on Friday I was worried it was my kidneys but toilet trips are fine and the pain is only there if i stretch or move if I keep still it doesn't hurt. Does this sound like it's muscle related? It was sore Friday then fine now it's sore again and I'm worried as to why it's still sore

Noivous
08-02-17, 17:30
Hi Titch - I would say when it comes to back pain there's a 99% chance it either muscle or joint related. Sometimes our backs get sore. Are you sitting a lot, have you been sleeping ok, sometimes we do something to aggravate it without even realizing it. did you move something or lift something recently? Have you taken up a new activity like tightrope walking or hula dancing? I would not worry about it.

N.

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

by the way I hear that sitting is the new smoking...so get moving LOL

titch
08-02-17, 18:45
Yes i work in an office so I am sat for a while. I don't know why I was worried it was my kidneys but then I figured if it was I would feel ill and I don't x

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

It's so sore can it really be muscle related? I'm really worried it's my kidneys or something else x

Noivous
08-02-17, 19:44
Okay...absolutely it can be muscle related. Also, flank pain (kidney area) is very common with anxiety. When I was at the height of my anxiety both my flanks were very painful. I thought the same as you - kidneys. But it wasn't. I was also sitting a lot. Try to get more active. I think you are fine.

N.

Elen
08-02-17, 19:51
Hi

I found your previous thead and have merged it with this one

dancerja77
08-02-17, 20:06
You would know if it was your kidneys. I have kidney disease and I've had many kidney stones. It's the worst pain you can EVER feel. Worse than being in labor or being shot. I'm serious you would know.

titch
08-02-17, 20:32
Thanks for merging post I couldn't find it when I searched sorry :/ thanks for replies see it only hurts when I move which makes me think muscular I think just the health anxiety is making me think other things. As I said I'm weeing fine etc . X

titch
08-02-17, 20:58
No it's low kinda just above my bum and near my hip xx