PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hi :)

Butterfly1980
04-02-17, 12:50
Hi Everyone

Im currently suffering from major anxiety and depression caused by various issues. The main issue is gender related. I was born as a male and grew up that way until the on set of puberty where things went badly wrong.

I was eventually told i was intersex, i had the chromosomes of both sexes, but it was undetected at birth because everything looked normal. I chose to remain as a boy and i was given medication namely Testosterone and Estrogen blockers.

So ive grown up and lived my life as a man but ive always had issues with my gender, something was just wrong. I am now 36 and 2 years ago i made the decision to stop my medication. Things have gone crazy since and even though i am currently in counselling i suffer terribly with anxiety and depression. I feel very alone in the world and have few friends.

Most of my friends found it difficult when i told them i was intersex and that i was now stopping my medication because i was confused, i realise they where not true friends but hopefully i can meet some new ones here :)

Thanks

venusbluejeans
04-02-17, 12:55
Hiya Butterfly1980 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Butterfly1980
04-02-17, 13:00
Thank You :D

There is certainly a lot of great info on here, i think ive come to the right place.

Thanks Again