PDA

View Full Version : being reffered

Buby
23-10-04, 23:32
hi all,

few weeks ago i was at skwl in registration and i miss had noticed iv been lookin down for a couple of weeks, and i kno i wasnt myself.

she called me outta class and asked me what was wrong and i told her what i know i was feelin. well i saw a social worker, a counsellor and the skwl nurse and i was sent to the doctors. and now im bein reffered to the CDC (child development centre) and now im scared tht ill neva get btr.

my mum got a letter from the CDC and the title sed mental centre, i feel lyk im bein judged eevn jst by summit written a letter. aghhh..so many problems i dnt kno how to face :'(

xx

seh1980
23-10-04, 23:37
hello there ratchit,

It's good that your school are trying to help you!! I'm sure that they just want the best for you and want to do everything they can to help. It's good that you are being referred - it means that you will speak to someone who can actually address what problems you have!! Let us know how it goes, ok?

Sarah :D

Karen
23-10-04, 23:49
Hi Ratchit

I know it can seem scary when you are told you are being referred but it is good that the school are taking your problems seriously.

At least you will get the help you need and talking to someone will probably help you.

I often wonder how much different my life could've been today if someone had taken my problems seriously when I was at school and got me the help I needed.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

andrew
24-10-04, 01:10
hi rach, long time no see. sorry to read you've been feeling down recently - like everyones saying, the referral will give you the opportunity to talk to somebody about stuff thats on your mind and maybe causing you stress. just take your time, talk about what your comfortable with and try and keep it real, hopefully it will go well for you and begin to 'make you feel better'.
anyway you take care andrew x

kate
24-10-04, 11:13
Hi Rachel,

Sorry to hear that you aren't doing too well at the moment.

Just try to tell yourself that the sooner you start getting the help you need, the sooner you can overcome the problems [^]

Let us know how it goes, wont you?

Luv Kate xxx

sarah
24-10-04, 11:45
Hiya Rach

Sorry you are feeling bad at the moment!

I was referred to my local 'mental health centre' and I thought "thats it, they think im a loon". It wasnt like that at all, it was a great place and no one there is mental in the way you all imagine men in white coats and people rocking in straight jackets...lol, they just deal with mental health rather than physical, thats all hon.

Im so glad you are getting the help you need, its going to do you the world of good hon!

take care
love Sarah
xx

razocaine_07
04-02-05, 16:29
i agree with everyone here, there is a huge stigma attached to mental health issues in society. My mum had difficulty coming to terms with the letter that came through the post. It had "MENTAL HEALTH" in big writing. If you have never been touched by it before, it can take time before you can function properly. But you will get better, im young and i had a really bad patch but im still here.
good luck

stimpy
06-02-05, 00:53
I think that is wonderful news ! :D

It proves that people are taking your problems seriously.

It is amazing how many panic disorder sufferers are ignored and told to "get a grip" or "pull yourself together".

These people aren't going to judge you. Infact you may find that these people want nothing more than to talk to you, to find out why you are feeling this way and suggest ways of helping yourself to feel better.

Look at it this way.
If they help you it is a bonus. If it is a waste of time you haven't lost anything by going.

Good luck!

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'