PDA

View Full Version : got scratched up by my puppy

socksrox
05-02-17, 01:16
sorry im back again so quickly #_# i didnt know how to respond to you all with my head bump worries ( which has cleared up by now.. your responses helped calm me down ) but as always i found another thing to get anxious about..

we got a new puppy recently ( we got her when she was 4 months old, so i imagine shes about.. 7 months old. maybe? i have no clue if shes gotten her rabies shot by now.. which is part of my worry

shes really excitable and jumped onto the back of my leg, which she clawed up so badly that it started bleeding.. i quickly tried to clean it the best i could with an ice cube ( which is weird i know ) and some hydrogen peroxide. but i decided to google if there were any infections i should worry about ( bad idea ) and now im paranoid that i may have gotten rabies from a bad scratch..

can i get some reassurance? i found a website that an animal doesnt have to be infected and can carry the disease.. and i dont know where her little paws have been, so i dont know what could be on them.

just when i was feeling less anxious about something for once too :weep:

Nzxt27
05-02-17, 01:18
Your fine. I have been scratched by tons of animals cats and dogs. It's your anxiety going to work on you.

socksrox
05-02-17, 01:26
i figured @__@ people have been getting scratched up by animals for ages.. hopefully i stop worrying about it completely but thank you!

Nzxt27
05-02-17, 01:51
Your welcome

Pipkin
05-02-17, 02:39
Also been scratched, bitten and generally mauled by dogs and cats. Never had a problem. Always wise to keep your tetanus jabs up to date but otherwise, you'll be fine :D

P