PDA

View Full Version : Feels like a cluster of lymph nodes in my neck :(

Mav
05-02-17, 02:44
Okay so I've been good for the past few days, still waiting for my ENT referral letter. Bloodtest and chest Xray all good.

Now as I felt neck it feels like a tiny, tiny node popped up right beside the larger one(however it's possible I just never felt the tiny one before). It also feels like my large on is matted to a smaller one.

Now a cluster of nodes cannot possible be a good sign, I'm heading down the panic path at 3 am in the morning. Great. :weep:

I keep thinking, it wiggles, doc wasn't over concerned, I'm young and all that is rare but ugh :weep:

PASchoolSyndrome
05-02-17, 16:44
Nodes are like a connected system, they run in chains. When one gets back up the others sometime get backed up as well. I have one slightly enlarged node that has backed up the entire chain down my neck. Not one doc has been concerned.

Try your best not to keep poking at them. Your referral will come and the doctor will do something if he really feels concerned.

Mav
05-02-17, 18:25
Nodes are like a connected system, they run in chains. When one gets back up the others sometime get backed up as well. I have one slightly enlarged node that has backed up the entire chain down my neck. Not one doc has been concerned.

Try your best not to keep poking at them. Your referral will come and the doctor will do something if he really feels concerned.

thats true, I seem to have the same sort of thing. One enlarged and some tiny grainy ones. Ugh I hope it's nothing.

PASchoolSyndrome
05-02-17, 19:23
Yep! And trust me I have moments where I feel them a million times a day. Then I find more. Then I feel those a million times day. Then I feel above my collarbone, feel my MUSCLE, and spiral down because I think it's a lymph node.

They've been the same size for about 2 months now - and even though I know that they would be growing pretty quick if it were lymphoma or another cancer - I can't stop. I feel the ones all up and down my chin and convince myself all the doctors are wrong.

I feel you sista. 99.99998% of the time it is nothing. We will both be okay (just make our hair gray with the worry).

Mav
05-02-17, 20:39
Yep! And trust me I have moments where I feel them a million times a day. Then I find more. Then I feel those a million times day. Then I feel above my collarbone, feel my MUSCLE, and spiral down because I think it's a lymph node.

They've been the same size for about 2 months now - and even though I know that they would be growing pretty quick if it were lymphoma or another cancer - I can't stop. I feel the ones all up and down my chin and convince myself all the doctors are wrong.

I feel you sista. 99.99998% of the time it is nothing. We will both be okay (just make our hair gray with the worry).

Ugh it's so stressful! I just want my referal letter and my appointment, and I really want a biopsy and then hopefully I will be okay :weep:

I just want to move on. :weep:

PASchoolSyndrome
06-02-17, 05:06
Stay strong! It will come! If the doc thinks the biopsy is completely unnecessary, which be honest most of the time they definitely are so that should be assuring, try to let him know about how much it would affect your peace of mind!

OffTheWall
06-02-17, 15:09
I find that poking at mine make them worse and they will flare up more. I suggest putting hot compressions (hot flannel) on them for a couple of minutes, a few time a day. It should help bring them back down. Also, try to drink lots of water. :)

Mav
06-02-17, 16:49
I find that poking at mine make them worse and they will flare up more. I suggest putting hot compressions (hot flannel) on them for a couple of minutes, a few time a day. It should help bring them back down. Also, try to drink lots of water. :)

I actually poured hot water over my neck last night and and I did it a week ago and it really does seem less swollen, however I don't know if thats my brain calming me down.