PDA

View Full Version : Whooshing in ear?

Vites987
05-02-17, 04:58
For the past month or so, my left ear has been whooshing mostly at night when I'm in bed. Sometimes, it goes along with my pulse and other times it does not. I've noticed that when I turn my head side to side, it will promote the whooshing sound to occur. Also, if I get up too quickly I will hear it in my left ear. Now, I am young, in my 20s, and don't think it is a vascular issue, but of course I am afraid it's carotid stenosis or some sort of narrowing. Anyone else have these symptoms?

Jull
05-02-17, 08:40
The whooshing sound in your ear might be the symptoms of tinnitus. It's kinda annoying to me. For some people, tinnitus may be associated with depression, sleep disturbance, anxiety, medications, and may interfere with concentration. You'd better go to the doctor to check, perhaps the doctor would give you an advice like cleaning your ears or other treatments. :) Hope you'll get better.
Lưu

Lissa101
05-02-17, 17:46
Whatever you do, DON'T GOOGLE TINNITUS! I had anxiety related timnitus for a while and tinnitus forums scared the hell out of me. If you're looking for online info try to use the NHS site or other professional health care sites. Mine faded away, hopefully will be no more serious than mine and go too x

Vites987
07-02-17, 01:18
The whooshing sound in your ear might be the symptoms of tinnitus. It's kinda annoying to me. For some people, tinnitus may be associated with depression, sleep disturbance, anxiety, medications, and may interfere with concentration. You'd better go to the doctor to check, perhaps the doctor would give you an advice like cleaning your ears or other treatments. :) Hope you'll get better.
Lưu

I went to an ENT who basically said it's nothing and should go away on its own. A few months ago, I also had a thumping in my head so I'm not sure if that's related. I don't know why I would have any sort of narrowing at my age. I did figure out that it went away briefly after going for a run.

Fishmanpa
07-02-17, 01:33
I went to an ENT who basically said it's nothing and should go away on its own. A few months ago, I also had a thumping in my head so I'm not sure if that's related. I don't know why I would have any sort of narrowing at my age. I did figure out that it went away briefly after going for a run.

So that shows you it's anxiety related and relieves you from your worry ;)

Positive thoughts

Vites987
07-02-17, 20:06
So that shows you it's anxiety related and relieves you from your worry ;)

Positive thoughts

Thanks. What bothers me is that I can press on the muscle behind the ear and it will make the whooshing sound when I release, but only when it's quiet surroundings.