PDA

View Full Version : Clinton, I am new.(fighting Hypocondria)

Clint1993
05-02-17, 05:15
Thank you for people like you guys who are keeping the rest of us sane. I have been having all these problems since I suffered my first anxiety attacks in May. After the chest and neurological problems receded my symptoms moved to my eyes. It started with floaters, then I had dry eyes. Light flashes and flickering peripheral vision ensued for months till this very day. Went in to a frenzy and thought I was getting a tear/detachment thanks to dr. Google. Went to see an opthalmologist did dilation, OCT, Angiogram. Everything came back clear. For some reason that made me feel worse because I didn't find the cause. One month later I felt like the symptoms were getting worse with flashes/floaters etc becoming more profound. Went to a second optha did dilation, field test still said "you have perfect vision can't see anything wrong" Told me to stop obsessing but the symptoms will recede.

As the months went on I developed even more eye symptoms; I get flashes every time I turn sharply in the dark. I also get this eclipse looking arc/full circle right in the centre of my vision when Turning quickly in the dark. I get night time closed eye hallucinations, continuous shimmering peripheral vision. When I squint my eye lashes courses double vision around any thing luminous. I also get this weird phenomena that feels like I can see my actual lens sometimes and light that reflects on it. Recently I started noticing Starburst and halo effect. Went to two different Opthalmologists again who did dilation and checked the nerves and said they were perfectly fine as I feared I was getting glaucoma. I feel like the starburst and halos are continuing to worsen. During this period too I have had two blood works, x-rays, CT Scans and an MRI and EKG.

Unlike the other anxiety symptoms I have had these all along. I need some help and advise. How do I cure myself. How do I let these symptoms go. I have tried everything apart from SSRI's. Every time I feel like getting better something somewhere shows up that makes me fret. Is anyone taking medication? Does this help? Does it take the symptoms always?

venusbluejeans
05-02-17, 05:21
Hiya Clint1993 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Clydesdale Epona
05-02-17, 17:42
Welcome to NMP Clint x
i can't comment on medication as i've been trying my best to fight this medication free, there are a lot of people on here with different experiences so it's best to ask around you'll defo get good advice, i myself am a big sufferer from HA(hypochondria)
and i can assure you this is a great place to start x

montys
07-02-17, 00:07
Clinton,

Oh my goodness. I literally joined this forum a few minutes ago and am suffering from the exact same thing. :ohmy:

In my case I have a hole in my retina from myopia so my risk of getting a detachment is about 5x worse than yours. But I can relate to overthinking floaters and flashes and other visual phenomena.

I've been constantly looking at flat surfaces for floater developments and batting my eyes back and forth trying to see if any flashes come about. Also obsessed with finding that "dark veil" that indicates a detachment is happening. Do any of these sound familiar?

Hit me up if you want to rant about our vision problems haha. Best of luck to you. Hopefully we get through this.