PDA

View Full Version : Can this be anxiety

acerb
05-02-17, 14:09
It all started a few years back just before I lost my job,I was on the bus going home when I got this feeling of doom,I was gonna die couldn't breath.I saw there was ambulances at robot so I got off bus to ask for help.went to hospital,did ecg found nothing wrong.and it has happened many times after that.I am to scared to even drive far away or go to the shops that something might happen.yesterday again it started in the morning with nausea,vomiting,headache,blood pressure high and pulse high,left arm feeling numb and tingling in fingers.so someone rush me to ER they did ecg,slight sinus rythm,they took blood for cardiac markers etc and all came clear.I must say I have high blood pressure and have medicine for it.but all my problems started when. Didn't have work anymore.I contstanly check my pulse and bloodpressure and I also feel every day like I can't take a deep breath.can anyone give some help.:weep:

ocdbaking
05-02-17, 14:40
Sounds like you've had a panic attack, and have had severe anxiety since - which is understandable, as panic attacks are horrific.

Have a look around on the forum for information on coping strategies, such as mindfulness. When the symptoms occur try to remember that it is just anxiety and that it will pass (easier said than done at the beginning). The more you fight it, the worse it gets.

Clydesdale Epona
05-02-17, 17:21
Sounds very much so like panic attacks and anxiety.
I had my first one when i was 10 years old but unfortunately i didn't what it was, a whole year i spent going to hospital appointments, many blood tests and frequent ECG's later they couldn't find anything and left it at that, after a follow up my doctor put it down to stress and anxiety yet surprisingly i didn't figure out i had it until i turned 15, it is a lot of scary symptoms but if the doctors haven't been able to find anything then i'm sure it's thanks to panic attacks, the impending doom feeling can also be down to it trust me, ocdbaking gave some good tips, read up about it, when you know more it certainly helps x