PDA

View Full Version : Trapped wind or appendicitis worrying.

Sande
05-02-17, 15:03
Hi there just looking for advice before I loose my head, last night I was awake with pain in my right and left hand sides of my abdomen, it felt like bad trapped wind, I finally got to sleep on my left hand side and woke up with pain in my right side that is worse when I walk or bend, I keep burping and passing wind and have gone to the toilet several times, I keep burping acid to so have taken a antiacid. Could this be appendicitis or is it just a long period of trapped gas? I have never had trapped wind this long before. It's not agony it's uncomfortable tho like my insides are stretched like when you eat way to much. I am still managing to eat. I have never had appendix problems so don't know what they are like and how painful and didn't want to Google and scare myself. Thank you for any help.

ocdbaking
05-02-17, 15:46
I had appendicitis when I was 14. It was nothing like you're describing here. Trust me, you would know if you had appendicitis!

Sande
05-02-17, 17:50
Thank you, I don't really know much about it and have never known anyone with it so thought I would check. Thanks for letting me know.

ocdbaking
05-02-17, 19:49
Classically, appendix pain starts on one side, then moves to the opposite and then back - but with nausea, which gets more and more intense. The pain is also very intense. By the third day's morning, I couldn't stand up straight.

I certainly didn't have gas issues.

I would think you've got something acidy going on in your stomach, hence the gas and toilet issues.

Think positive!

OffTheWall
06-02-17, 14:54
Not likely. I agree with ocdbaking, that the pain is intense. My cousin had it a couple of years ago, and this is a woman who pretty much sailed through her labour pains, all 4 times. With appendicitis she was crouched on the floor screaming with agony waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Panic sufferer
06-02-17, 15:02
Hi Sande, I'm posting this because you are describing exactly my weekend. I had trapped wind pain starting Sat evening around 7pm. As with you it went round to my back which is an unpleasant feeling to say the least. Overnight I discovered what it really was, nasty 24 hour vomiting bug. After spending all night on the loo, I stayed in bed yesterday, slept through last night, and feel OK today if a little spaced out.

The bug is known to be doing the rounds in Britain, it might be what you've got, how do you feel today?