PDA

View Full Version : Iron tablets

DaveCH
05-02-17, 17:16
Had bloods taken last week that where perfect except iron a little low which doctor has put down to all the extra training and long distance running I have been doing. Bowel movements are very dark in colour which I read is a good sign as it means the iron is being obsorbed by the body but my bowels movements are a little soft like and my stomach is very windy. Is this all common with iron supplements and does your body get used to it.

nomorepanic
05-02-17, 17:19
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Clydesdale Epona
05-02-17, 17:24
That could either be down to the supplements or just overall gas.
i've been on iron tablets most of my life and it's been all straight forward for me, it can take time adjusting to things so give it a little while and you should get back on track x

bottleblond
05-02-17, 18:08
Very common indeed with iron tablets. I was on them for quite a while after I gave birth to my son (18 years ago) but your body soon returns to normal.

Did your doctor say how long you would need to be on them?.

Lisa

nomorepanic
05-02-17, 18:32
Dave - I moved your previous post about this so will move this one as well and merge them