PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what's happening to me

bingjam
05-02-17, 20:01
I feel like I'm just always on here recently and I'm annoyed with myself that I've let myself getlike this again.

I have a few things that are bothering me right now and i can't seem to snap myself out of it.

For the last few nights as I'm trying to sleep I feel.... well just weird, I feel as though I'm sort of floating I bed and also have a feeling where I stop breathing and i jolt up and my heart is pounding and it terrifies me.

Also my heart palpitations are so bad right now I'm worrried that I actually have something wrong with my heart and all my other symptoms are not anxiety but heart related

Also for the past weekvirtually everyday I have what I feel is is panic attack coming on but it never actually happens.. like I have the horrible feeing that its going tohappen but it doesnt, and I'm left feeling awful for hours after.

And sometimes I feel like I'm not getting a full breath and even when I breath in deep I still feel like I haven't got enough breath in me if that makes sense ?

I'm just worried it's all connected to a faulty heart. And I'm terrified.

Sphincterclench
05-02-17, 20:14
what you are describing sounds a lot like sleep apnea and sleep deprivation that is fueling your anxiety.

But I am no Dr.

just my two cents

Be well.

bingjam
05-02-17, 20:32
What's sleep apnea??? Should I be worried??

My chest is feeling really heavy tonight too

Miznuvem0412
06-02-17, 01:47
I have that happen before I'm drifting off to sleep I jolt awake and my heart pounds . Also my sleep is messed up right now but my psychiatrist thinks it's a good idea to do a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea. Does it happen when you are drifting off? Could just be anxiety

Clydesdale Epona
06-02-17, 01:51
If you do have sleep apnea then it's not that dangerous please don't worry x

bingjam
06-02-17, 08:13
I have that happen before I'm drifting off to sleep I jolt awake and my heart pounds . Also my sleep is messed up right now but my psychiatrist thinks it's a good idea to do a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea. Does it happen when you are drifting off? Could just be anxiety

It does mainly hapoen when im drifting off but also happens sometimes when I'm asleep and it wakes me up

swajj
06-02-17, 08:31
What you have is anxiety. You are worried about your breathing when you are awake and that worry doesn't just disappear when you go to sleep. So you jolt awake gasping for breath. True breathing problems associated with a diseased heart do not present that way.

---------- Post added at 18:01 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

You could do the sleep study for peace of mind. The seed is planted now so you are going to worry about sleep apnea until you find out you don't have it. Been there, done that.