PDA

View Full Version : Hello there fellow insomniacs!

OwenIsNotDoingSoHot
06-02-17, 00:35
My name is Owen, and I just made an account. I am 22 years of age, and are currently dealing with a bout of anxiety.

I've suffered from panic attacks throughout my life however I've not found myself suffering from prolonged anxiety such as this. My attacks were usually in response to some, massive life altering event, however recently, for the past two months or so I've suffered from multiple-daily attacks, with a never ceasing anxiety response. To list some reacquiring symptoms:
Depersonalisation/Derealisation
Headaches
Mind-Fog/Mental cloud(ing)
Obsessive and relentless thoughts
Generic aches and pains, so obviously indicative or cancer... or some other member of the disease of the day club.

Here in the UK medical care is absolutely subpar, or perhaps it is merely me. I've brought this issue up to a GP, and two different Nurse practitioners whom have all simply ignored me and pushed me out of the door. I wish I were joking but my visits (for an ear infection) have been 45 seconds to a minute long, ending with "it's probably nothing to worry about". The only time I was taken seriously was when I was taken to A & E by a relative unable to speak, shaking and in the throws of perhaps the worst panic attack I've ever experienced. Then they did some bloodwork, an ECG and some questions. However after all that, and after repeated requests for a referral or at least some information to pursue myself they simply discharged me and that was that. **** the NHS. I would happily pay for adequate health care.

I should preface that although I had experience panic attacks I did not experience anxiety whatsoever. I was a carefree kind of guy, and this came out of nowhere and has completely torn me down.

I made this account in the hopes of finding coping strategies and to discuss the fun that is systemic anxiety!

I look forward to getting to know everybody :)

venusbluejeans
06-02-17, 00:40
Hiya OwenIsNotDoingSoHot and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Clydesdale Epona
06-02-17, 00:50
Hello fellow insomniac :D haha,
welcome to NMP x i'm sorry to hear your experience with the health system, i hope you find the forum helpful and comforting :) x

Bigboyuk
06-02-17, 09:55
Hi Owen and :welcome: aboard to NMP :) Unfortunately it's not just you that are having problems with Dr's etc. Which is appalling mate. So I would get another Gp in your same practice or simply get another surgery to take you on. Also you can request a double appointment which means you should get longer to discuss things properly.One Thing I have learned is don't give up :) Nice to meet you. Cheers