PDA

View Full Version : Panic Room

W.I.F.T.S.
18-04-07, 01:42
Has anyone seen the BBC3 programme the Panic Room? It's great to watch people facing their fears and overcoming them.

Jimbo
18-04-07, 07:53
I did watch a couple of them, I found it a bit odd. It seemed to focus more on the drama of people panicking about stuff rather than actually helping them.

I think they were looking for people on NMP a little while ago.

I might watch a few more to make my mind up.

Jim

Jimbo
18-04-07, 09:52
Yeah, the impression I got, that it's more of a drama about showing people panicking while being forced to face their fears, than actually a sensible program about phobias.

Jim

kimmy
23-04-07, 17:35
I watched it last night for a bit and to be honest I thought it was poop! Obviously I think that if they cure or reduce someones anxiety that is brilliant BUT I thought the whole thing was dramatised too much i.e. mission statements and things. In away I though because they dramatised it so much it looked 'cheesy' and I believe made fun of their fears!

colarado
23-04-07, 18:13
Have to agree with jimbo , seems more focused on the shock value than actualy helping the victim , but might be to early to judge, if it helps the people concerned then good .

Programme on c5 tonight called 'raised by the hand of god, hidden lifes ' showing how some people still use physical punishment to 'correct' their kids,

going to watch it and be intrested in anybody else opinions /views