PDA

View Full Version : Buspirone withdrawl from 30mg

nedmcg
06-02-17, 13:39
I am withdrawing from Buspirone after a 6 month "go at it" which at one point I was taking 30mg a day. I didn't think it was doing much to be honest and I had some bad side effects with dry flaky skin and hair falling out.

My phsy just said go down and come off within a couple of weeks but I was extra carful and tapered down over a 6 week period. I am on my last week of 5mg a day and the last 2/3 week my stomach has been terrible.

Major cramping and constipation, straining isn't doing me any good but it seems to be the only way I can go. With a lot of my anxiety link to my bowel movements this has sort of made it worse. I have had hot and cold spells and dizziness but I put this all down to the side effects.

I thought with a short half life the side effects would stop pretty soon but doesn't seem that way.

Anyone else had this sort of experience or know how long these should last as this week seems to be the worse.

panic_down_under
06-02-17, 21:46
My phsy just said go down and come off within a couple of weeks but I was extra carful and tapered down over a 6 week period. I am on my last week of 5mg a day and the last 2/3 week my stomach has been terrible.

So when did you drop down to 5mg? If it was more than 3 days before the constipation began it probably isn't a withdrawal symptom.

Your best bet would be to increase your fibre intake and drink more water. An over-the-counter stool softener would also help.

nedmcg
09-02-17, 12:35
I have been tapering down from 20 mg over the last 6 weeks and the stomach stuff started to happen on week 3 and got worse to week 6 (last dose tomorrow)