PDA

View Full Version : Is my heart breaking

bingjam
06-02-17, 16:53
I appologise that I keep posting recently.

But I'm struggling with my heart palpitations. I've just popped Into tescos to get a few bits afyer work and i had a horrid palpiatiom. It felt like my heart stopped and then did a huuuuuge thud. It started to make me panic so I had to just leave with the bits I had (obviously paid first)

Then driving home it happened again a few times and when I arrived home I felt abit better. but then had another set of palpiations.

Whats the difference between "normal" palpiataions and ones that are dangerous. I don't want to Google as I've done so well with not googling symptoms which I used to be really bad at. And I don't want to start googling again as it made my anxiety a million times worse.

I can still feel my heart beating which I know sounds stupid but I dont like hearing and feeling my heart beating of that makes sense.

Heart palpitations have in the past made me house bound as I was worried anything would man my heart stop... I really don't want it to get to that point again..... but my anxiety is spiralling downwards again.

ServerError
06-02-17, 16:57
Ones that are dangerous make you seriously ill and the doctors can spot them a mile off.

You're experiencing one of the most common anxiety symptoms - heart palpitations triggered by adrenaline and nervous stimulation. It's harmless and can be treated by treating your anxiety.

saf138
06-02-17, 17:17
Hello
What you described does sound very much like typical palpitations especially since you mentioned that your heart felt like it stopped followed by a huge thud and very often it is caused by stress and anxiety and it doesn't help if you have had a long stressful day at work. I remember 4 years ago having heart palpitations that you mentioned everyday for about a year which would be pretty mild during the day but as soon as I would finish work and got home all hell would break loose I eventually conviced myself if its happening all day everyday for a year and I'm still alive it couldnt have been bad the palpitations eventually subsided and I still get them now and again and the worse kind of palpitations is when my heart goes from a normal BPM to a very rapid BPM causing a brief moment of breathlessness and weirdly enough I tell my heart to behave itself and they go away. You see the problem with heart palpitations is that often they are caused by stress and anxiety so when it happens you become even more stressed and anxious trapping you into a catch 22 situation. Try to relax and ignore it as long as you are not experiencing any other symptoms such as pain, nausea or fainting than it is almost certain its caused by stress and anxiety or even fatigue. All the best.... btw make sure to swipe that clubcard lol

bingjam
06-02-17, 19:26
Ones that are dangerous make you seriously ill and the doctors can spot them a mile off.

You're experiencing one of the most common anxiety symptoms - heart palpitations triggered by adrenaline and nervous stimulation. It's harmless and can be treated by treating your anxiety.

I haven't been to the doctors with them since 2012. I had an ecg and they said it was nothing..... how can they tell will a 2 minute check?

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Hello
What you described does sound very much like typical palpitations especially since you mentioned that your heart felt like it stopped followed by a huge thud and very often it is caused by stress and anxiety and it doesn't help if you have had a long stressful day at work. I remember 4 years ago having heart palpitations that you mentioned everyday for about a year which would be pretty mild during the day but as soon as I would finish work and got home all hell would break loose I eventually conviced myself if its happening all day everyday for a year and I'm still alive it couldnt have been bad the palpitations eventually subsided and I still get them now and again and the worse kind of palpitations is when my heart goes from a normal BPM to a very rapid BPM causing a brief moment of breathlessness and weirdly enough I tell my heart to behave itself and they go away. You see the problem with heart palpitations is that often they are caused by stress and anxiety so when it happens you become even more stressed and anxious trapping you into a catch 22 situation. Try to relax and ignore it as long as you are not experiencing any other symptoms such as pain, nausea or fainting than it is almost certain its caused by stress and anxiety or even fatigue. All the best.... btw make sure to swipe that clubcard lol

In my head I sort of know it's anxiety but there's always alittle thought in th3 back of my head saying no it's something serious....Palps are deffo the scariest thing thing for me, it completely knocks me and leaves me testified. They haven't really bothered me or I've rarely noticed them for a while but they are happening so much recently

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Also atm my resting heartbeat is 92 bpm. .. and I've been doing nothing either.... is that too quick

ServerError
06-02-17, 19:52
I haven't been to the doctors with them since 2012. I had an ecg and they said it was nothing..... how can they tell will a 2 minute check?

Okay, so you've been having these things since at least 2012? That's five years. You've not come to any harm in all that time. That's something to bear in mind.

It doesn't matter how they can tell your heart is fine with an ECG. If the doctors say it's fine, it's fine. They know what they're looking for.

I have palpitations and ectopic beats. I've also had tests. I have to accept that anxiety is the cause. There's no evidence for anything else. They've eased off a lot since my anxiety improved. That really is the key to your recovery too. Your palpitations will calm down as your anxiety improves. I can tell you this, but I can't make you believe it. That's something you'll have to work on.

saf138
06-02-17, 20:15
92 bpm at resting is not high at all in fact its known that a normal resting heart rate should range between 60-100 bpm and I can totally relate with you about how scary palpitations can be because it doesn't happen every minute of the day and it comes out of nowhere it can throw you of guard a little and remember the more anxiety you have the more hyper sensitive you become making you much more aware of things going on on the outside and within yourself Which you just wouldnt notice or give a damn if you wasn't as anxious. Try to Control your stress levels and you'll be fine

Nirette
06-02-17, 21:03
I appologise that I keep posting recently.

But I'm struggling with my heart palpitations. I've just popped Into tescos to get a few bits afyer work and i had a horrid palpiatiom. It felt like my heart stopped and then did a huuuuuge thud. It started to make me panic so I had to just leave with the bits I had (obviously paid first)

Then driving home it happened again a few times and when I arrived home I felt abit better. but then had another set of palpiations.

Whats the difference between "normal" palpiataions and ones that are dangerous. I don't want to Google as I've done so well with not googling symptoms which I used to be really bad at. And I don't want to start googling again as it made my anxiety a million times worse.

I can still feel my heart beating which I know sounds stupid but I dont like hearing and feeling my heart beating of that makes sense.

Heart palpitations have in the past made me house bound as I was worried anything would man my heart stop... I really don't want it to get to that point again..... but my anxiety is spiralling downwards again.

I get the huge THUD palpitations too. Basically, your body is so anxious that your adrenaline tells your heart to pump too quickly, and your heart bumbles up a bit and beats a small, quick beat, followed by a rather larger beat. When caused by anxiety, palpitations have no serious harmful effects except for causing more anxiety. I get these all the time, but they're a very common symptom of just plain old anxiety (I have had multiple heart scans, etc, and my doctors have all told me that it's just the adrenaline).