PDA

View Full Version : Worried

tricia56
06-02-17, 20:27
Hi I've been really panicking as for the past couple days I've had pains in my upper back and pain in my ribs under my breasts and pains in my chest I can't stop thinking it's my heart or it's my lungs I foned up my doctors and they gave me a telephone appointment with the doc he has not long foned me and I told him my symtoms he didn't say wat it could be and that wat do I think it could be so I told him I'm scared incase it's my heart or it's lung cancer and all he said was he will get the reseptionist to fone me to make a appiontment . The reseptionist foned and said she couldn't get me in tonight in the after hours surgery until next mon or to fone up surgery tomoz to see if the have any appointments but now I'm worring my self sick incase it is something seriouse as Surely if the doc thought it was urgent he would of sent a ambulance out not get the reseptionist to ring me to make a appiontment sorry for such a long post but getting myself in a mess now worring

bottleblond
06-02-17, 20:35
Tricia

I'm sure if the doctor thought it was anything to worry about, he would have advised you to go down to the surgery. They "say" they have no appointments, however they do. They use these appointments sparingly for people they think need seen more urgently.

Doctors are given a set amount of appointments each day but if it's non urgent they prefer to use their 'telephone consultations' as it free's up these appointments for people they deem, NEEDS to be seen.

Try not to worry, moreover try to stop panicking because you're only going to make yourself feel worse. Have you tried a nice soak in the bath to ease the aches and pains?.

Lisa
:flowers:

Buster70
06-02-17, 20:56
Hi there , it probably is anxiety but getting checked out will hopefully put your mind at rest , I get back pain between my shoulders and chest pain mainly from
Being tensed up all the time , I do it when im just watching tv or out walking , just ask yourself am I tensing up right now and you probably are , my pain can last a day or for months , the more anxious you get about it the tighter you get , take a long shower or bath like the op said and just see if it eases off a bit , hope you get checked out and alls ok , I know to well it's hard to except it might be in your head , take care .