PDA

View Full Version : Knee pain is terrifying me, can't sleep.

Jotia
06-02-17, 22:24
So this started this morning, I knelt down and when I stood back up and straighten my leg my knee and thigh really hurt. I didn't notice it all afternoon because I was sat down but I did notice my whole leg aching. Now it's got a lot worse, whenever I kneel down (we'll squat) I get his intense pain from my knee that's spreads up my leg, when I straighten my leg back out again it hurts even more. I told my mum and she says I'm being ridiculous and imagining it because I got my meningitis vaccine this morning and I have been worried about side effects, some of the side effects are muscle aches and joint ache but this is more of a sharp cramping pain not an ache. I'm just terrified it's a blood clot and I will die in my sleep.

Sixpack
06-02-17, 23:00
Your mother is correct.

You don't have a blood clot and will not be dying in your sleep. You have over active anxious thinking that is dreaming up all kinds of scenarios that simply are not going to happen.

By the way-- all 6 of my kids have had those meningitis shots and not just once.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

You guys are lucky---- back when I was a teen we didn't have that vaccine. A friend --when she was 18-- ended up with meningitis. She went septic. She was put into a medical coma for a month. She nearly died.

nosrednanagem
06-02-17, 23:12
You don't have a blood clot. You probably just strained your leg somehow. If it were a blood clot, you would know!

Also, sixpack! It's good to "see" you. I was on anxietyzone with you. Under a different name though. xocnagem. Sad to see that site down!