PDA

View Full Version : Can Anxiety make IBS spouts worse?

Clydesdale Epona
07-02-17, 00:51
I'm not 100% sure if my right sided pain is down to my IBS but i've been having a bad attack these past three nights and tonight it's being horrible, coincidentally it's 10x times worse after the police came knocking about my dad who has apparently been reported missing(drinking problems, left himself, they reckon he packed up where he was staying and left but could also of committed suicide) now about three hours later my side pain has gotten worse and is slightly scaring my Appendicitis fear but i know rationally it's probably not,
i'm finding it a little hard to believe but could tonight's events of made it worse? x

Fishmanpa
07-02-17, 00:54
Can Anxiety make IBS "spouts" worse?

That's a pretty accurate and funny typo... IBS, anxiety... spouting poo? But yes, anxiety can aggravate the physical symptoms of anxiety.

Positive thoughts and poo threads

Clydesdale Epona
07-02-17, 00:59
I know right i only just noticed it afterwards haha
Thanks for offering some clarity, i've been doing generally good with these kinds of thoughts but haven't seemed to be able to control them tonight.

All the best x.

pulisa
07-02-17, 12:14
Any news about your Dad? It must be so worrying for you-no wonder your pain is worse. Hope you get some more reassuring news asap.

Clydesdale Epona
07-02-17, 12:20
Got called this morning and told they found him safe and well as expected,
I think its affected my anxiety though because I just had thick banana custard and thanks to my reflux my throat feels right and i'm now convinced its going to choke me because of the thickness, I can usually ignore these thoughts but I think stress has gotten to me x

pulisa
07-02-17, 13:28
I'm sure it must have. You'll certainly be focussing more on your issues. You won't choke on banana custard-it's a very safe food. My son was born with no oesophagus so I'm very clued up as to which foods have potential for getting stuck.

Clydesdale Epona
07-02-17, 18:21
Thanks for all the advice and support, managed to have some mulligatawny soup and chocolate rice pudding after doing some shopping, so I'm coping better x