PDA

View Full Version : About to go to work with bad anxiety and attacks

fallingstar
07-02-17, 13:22
My panic attacks haven't been awful recently, but my lingering anxiety has. The last couple days I have had panic attacks however. After not having either much for so long, it really gets me down. I've been really sad and haven't had the opportunity to talk about it. I work with one other person, I live on my own with my daughter at the moment. Basically every thing has been brewing for the last couple of days; drinking over the weekend, my general anxiety, and worrying. I've basically been suffering in complete silence - crying. Trying not to come on here because "it's not that bad."

Well 13 minutes prior to the start of my day and not knowing how the hell I'll make it through??? Now I'm coming on here.... and now I find myself 13 minutes prior to leaving for work, just having cried so much in the last 24 hours that my eyes are practically swollen shut. It feels impossible. Luckily my office is just my boss and I and mostly just me the next two days. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to drive there, my chest feels like it's caving in and I'm hyperventilating. And I can't not go to work (and let me reassure you I can drive safely while "dying" from anxiety - it's just horrible though). I just want to curl up in a ball. I'm scared about the thoughts I'm going to have while driving; what if I have a heart attack while driving, what if I can't breath, what if this week doesn't get better and I keep feeling like this? Usually talking helps me - haven't been able to though - and I feel so sick. How on earth does one get through a work day feeling like this? I haven't done this in ages... gone to work feeling like this. Any tips? Tips would be great. Thanks.

Ethansmom
07-02-17, 15:49
I feel your pain. I am having terrible anxiety these past few months. I am having a major panic attack this morning about going to the doctor for heart testing. I'm scared. I had a bad panic attack with terrifying palpitations and hyperventilating on Friday. I had to call the paramedics. I'm spiraling. Do you have valium or Xanax you can take to get you through this time period? I will be thinking of you today (even though I don't know you), and wishing you well.

insideout20
08-02-17, 10:08
hi, how long did your panic attacks go away for ? please dont worry you have had many of them before. i know how you feel though, i didnt have any for a week and this morning had a big one and its lasted over an hour

how long do yours last for ?