PDA

View Full Version : So I just started a blog....

Hanbr
07-02-17, 15:45
Hi!

I just started a blog as a way of venting my emotions and giving others an insight into what life is like living with a mental illness.

Feel free to give it a read and know you are not alone !

http://anxietyfighterxox.blogspot.co.uk/

Dan1975
07-02-17, 23:18
Hi,

I suffered for decades. I've taken all the meds, done the CBT etc. The thing that works is 'nothing'...........There is nothing wrong with you! All you have done is what comes naturally to all of us - fight or flight. The thing is you don't need to fight or flight! Let the anxiety exist. Don't fight it. Don't run away! It's hard wired into you. Just be.

Your anxiety exists because of your will to remove it from your life!!!!!!!!

Accept it and see the difference it makes! It's astounding!

D

Fear-Not
28-02-17, 11:58
I have also started a blog and it is a bit like Dan says - its always good to consider things that reduce the stress of anxiety - but its also liberating to accept that it is just part of who you are. Someone asked me the other day if there was anything good about anxiety and I said "Yes! People who suffer from anxiety are often quite caring people who feel things deeply and who are sensitive to other people's feelings too" - and that's no bad thing! xx

MOchp
28-02-17, 15:20
Yeah I started a blog of sorts a while back to vent and get stuff off of my chest and out of my head. It seems to help somewhat at least.

beatroon
28-02-17, 15:23
Cool! Thanks Hanbr, I look forward to having a look!

mezzaninedoor
04-10-18, 12:53
I would like to bring attention to my BLOG on my BiPolar II, mania, anxiety & depression and more meaningless stuff occasionally :-

https://tonyamis.blogspot.com/

Please by all means feedback on my BLOG posts, they are all a bit stream of conciousness

ankietyjoe
04-10-18, 13:47
Hi,

I suffered for decades. I've taken all the meds, done the CBT etc. The thing that works is 'nothing'...........There is nothing wrong with you! All you have done is what comes naturally to all of us - fight or flight. The thing is you don't need to fight or flight! Let the anxiety exist. Don't fight it. Don't run away! It's hard wired into you. Just be.

Your anxiety exists because of your will to remove it from your life!!!!!!!!

Accept it and see the difference it makes! It's astounding!

D

This is literally all you need to know.

mezzaninedoor
04-10-18, 13:53
This is literally all you need to know.

Yes Agreed.
However it just isnt easy to actually do.

ankietyjoe
04-10-18, 14:00
Yes Agreed.
However it just isnt easy to actually do.

No it's not, but persistence is key.

Took me about 5 years of doing just that every single to to all but beat my anxiety. Recovery was not linear, and sometimes relapse was extended but you just have to keep on it. I really don't experience anxiety any more, even under duress.