PDA

View Full Version : Throat pop

Hypomean
07-02-17, 16:55
Hey guys I'm experienced something odd right now.

My son had asked me to look at something I quickly moved my head to the left and I felt a pop in my right side of the throat followed by a sensation like if whatever popped, burst and was filling my mouth and throat. Soon after it feels odd like if it's numb in there. And my right side of the face feels heavy.

Im starting to go into a panic over this. One of my moms friends daughter (24) died of a neck aneurysm, so this has always beeen at the back of my mind of what any symptoms or sensations I feel in the neck/throat area could be that. I heard her telling a relative when I was young, so itkid of traumatized me hearing young people can die just like that.

I ate a cookie was able to swallow just fine. Same with liquids. It's just this pressure thing and numbness I'm left with after this sensation, has me with anxiety.

im over thinking it I know.
It could be just my tense neck muscle unable to cope with the sudden movement.
Why does it go there?? To the overly dramatic?

Ethansmom
07-02-17, 17:43
I've had this before. I think it was just you pulling one of your neck muscles...

Sphincterclench
07-02-17, 18:01
I second the muscular injury that has probably been a catalyst for anxiety which only made it worse, but Im no doctor.

countrygirl
07-02-17, 20:44
YEp I had forgotten all about this one and I have only had it once many years ago but it was when I moved my neck suddenly and got a definite pop sensation and it felt very strange but it was nothing other than a muscle or tendon pop.