PDA

View Full Version : Sharp head pain?

Carnation
07-02-17, 18:47
I have not been posting my symptoms on the Forum for a while now.
I normally help others to understand theirs. :wacko:

But, this is driving me crazy.

I keep getting these little sharp nips of pain in the top and back of head; around the centre.

As an anxiety sufferer, I have been quite familiar with the tight band around the temples, ice-pick headaches, dull headaches and the ones that sit over the tops of your eyes. But this one is different.
I could be sitting relaxing and I experience what feels like teeny nips of pain like the feeling of needle type of pain. They come in clusters and last no longer than a minute.

My brain is putting it down to stress and tiredness, but that niggle is worrying me and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this sort of head pain?

I also thought it could be nerve pain? It's so sharp, it sometimes wakes me up in the night.

:unsure:

Fishmanpa
07-02-17, 20:13
I get something like that in my feet from neuropathy. I aptly named them the "stabbies" because it actually feels like I'm getting stabbed with an ice pic or needle. And yeah, it sometimes wakes me out of a deep sleep. It's definitely nerve related. They're just firing off randomly. I imagine that's what's going on with you. Stress, tension = random nerve firing.

Positive thoughts

Carnation
07-02-17, 20:36
They were my thoughts FMP.

My stress levels have been higher than average; if that is possible :wacko:
And I get the normal muscle twitches when I am stressed or very tired.
I know I have had an overload of worries and problems to deal with lately as well.
last night, my thumb was moving up and down of it's own accord.
I had to laugh, what else can you do? :D
Because the pain is similar to a mini ice-pick, I naturally thought nerves!