PDA

View Full Version : How accurate is ultrasound for soft tissue lump

emmalj0
07-02-17, 20:19
I'm panicking again about my lump which is palpable from all g. PS but not picked up on ultrasound surely if 1cm in size should be seen. I know iv had four years but on my mind still it's a sarcoma or something

bottleblond
07-02-17, 21:00
If the scan shows nothing up then rest assure, you are 100% fine. Has the doc suggested what it could be. Where exactly is it?

Lisa
x

Gary A
07-02-17, 21:23
It's been confirmed as a lipoma by multiple doctors.

bottleblond
07-02-17, 21:24
Gary???

Gary A
07-02-17, 21:25
Gary???

The OP's lump has been confirmed as a lipoma by multiple doctors.

This has been an ongoing issue and I've spoken to the OP about this on several occasions.

bottleblond
07-02-17, 21:29
Sorry, I didn't know that. Surely if that was the case, they would have removed it?

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Ps is that like a Ganglion?

Gary A
07-02-17, 21:39
Sorry, I didn't know that. Surely if that was the case, they would have removed it?

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Ps is that like a Ganglion?

It's a fatty deposit, they're very common benign growths.

The OP has been advised that there is no need for a removal as the lump is so small.

Lipomas can sometimes grow but as said by the OP, it's been there for at least 4 years and has shown no signs of changing or growing.

bottleblond
07-02-17, 21:46
The reason I asked the OP when I saw the post is I had a Ganglion cyst for about 7 years, I imagined all sorts at first (you know how the HA mind works) and I struggled to believe the doctor that it was harmless until one day I woke up and realised it had gone. If it's a similar cyst, the OP could experience the same.

Lisa
x

emmalj0
07-02-17, 22:06
It's on my rib under my underwire G. P said think it's lipoma however sonographer said if was would show on the ultrasound as a lipoma. I can't help that I still worry about this I don't want to be like this

Gary A
07-02-17, 22:25
It's on my rib under my underwire G. P said think it's lipoma however sonographer said if was would show on the ultrasound as a lipoma. I can't help that I still worry about this I don't want to be like this

Applying the same logic, then, wouldn't it also show up a sarcoma?

emmalj0
07-02-17, 22:34
I don't know iv been told by one g. P its deep another it's subcutaneous I don't know how effective ultrasound is. I'm just so fed up if I could cut it out myself I would