PDA

View Full Version : Bleach paranoia

hypochondricat
08-02-17, 02:28
So, I recently had to do some cleaning in a bathroom to a clogging problem with the toilet. After it was unclogged, water got onto the floor but not all over the place. Instead of just using some paper towels to wipe it up. I got a bottle of bleach spray and sprayed a bit onto the wet areas and dried up with paper towels. However, I'm not thinking that wasn't a great idea since I'm not sure if I dried the areas of the floor perfectly and now there's left over bleach residue with water somewhere. I'm worried I'll go walking onto the floor barefoot or someone else will and step onto the bleach/water mix even though I checked to see if there were noticeable puddles.

Dave1
10-02-17, 20:29
Hi,
I don't suffer contamination fears, so to me what you have done just sounds like some normal (perfectly safe) cleaning.

GlassPinata
11-02-17, 00:50
So, I recently had to do some cleaning in a bathroom to a clogging problem with the toilet. After it was unclogged, water got onto the floor but not all over the place. Instead of just using some paper towels to wipe it up. I got a bottle of bleach spray and sprayed a bit onto the wet areas and dried up with paper towels. However, I'm not thinking that wasn't a great idea since I'm not sure if I dried the areas of the floor perfectly and now there's left over bleach residue with water somewhere. I'm worried I'll go walking onto the floor barefoot or someone else will and step onto the bleach/water mix even though I checked to see if there were noticeable puddles.

I am a cook, and handle bleach frequently.
Bleach is not POISON.
At worst, it will cause a skin rash. I could post a pic of my hands right now; they have a red blotchy rash, due to the fact that I made the bleach water a little strong today. After this weekend, it will be gone.
Once bleach dries, it turns into a harmless powder: some sort of salt, I believe.
Bleach is GOOD.
It kills bacteria.
Yes, it can be a little hard on your skin, but it's not going to kill you. Trust me.
i pretty much LIVE in bleach water.

If still concerned, buy some of these litmus test strips that I use at work, to make sure the bleach water is the correct strength next time.

best wishes.