PDA

View Full Version : Moments of Peace - ever afraid of it ending?

bcf_101386
08-02-17, 02:29
So, I find that my anxiety is very low in the evenings (starting just a few hours before it's time to go to sleep).

When, during the day, are you least anxious? And if it occurs at night, do you dread going to sleep, knowing your anxiety will just rev up all over again as soon as you wake up?

MyNameIsTerry
08-02-17, 04:24
Mine has always been worst during the first half of the day. At my most severe periods, ranging months to the best part of a year it could be all day everyday with little change.

Earlier on I would have anxious thoughts about not sleeping and how it would make the next day even worse. Plus the thoughts you mention about it all starring again tomorrow. The result tends to be insomnia.

At some stages I've also had depression over the "Groundhog Day" issue.

It's been a hard one to break free from and whilst the above Is uncommon for me now, I still battle with obsessive routines in my OCD.

NoraB
08-02-17, 07:28
I'm least anxious in the evenings and that's when I do my relaxation exercises, meditation ETC.

I know the morning will kick the anxiety in but I accept it. It's biological because cortisol is naturally high in the mornings for everybody so for someone who is sensitised, it's always going to be worse. All I can do is deal with my stress levels and work on bringing them down which will help to desensitise my body which will eventually make this all go away.

Enjoy those peaceful moments.:)

beatroon
11-02-17, 14:09
Know exactly what you mean. Hate waking up and feeling jittery, this morning my legs were jumping all over the place on their own! But by the afternoon/evening I do usually feel better, and really love those chilled hours before bed. Hey ho, it's the nature of the beast x