PDA

View Full Version : Chest is red and splotchy from crying?

Nirette
08-02-17, 05:59
So I was having a good cry and was about to pop into the shower when I took off my shirt and realised that my chest was red and splotchy (no itch or pain, however), all the way to my shoulders. I freaked out, assuming allergic reaction, and immediately stopped crying and went in to panic mode. That was when the weird thing happened - after I stopped crying, the splotches went away within a minute.
Does anyone else have their chest flush when crying? I know that faces flush when we cry, but is it normal for chests and shoulders to flush splotchily too? Should I be worried? Could it still be an allergic reaction (although no itching, and it's all gone now)? Thanks guys - this one just really stumped me.

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:54 ----------

I just found an article that states:

Body Heat:
The most likely cause of red blotchy skin is an increase in body heat. During times of intense stress and anxiety, your body heat rises, and this releases a chemical inside of your body known as histamine - the same immune system chemical that is released during an allergic reaction. As histamine rises to the surface, your body creates hives, which often manifest as itchy, red blotches on the skin.Body heat related hives may cause a rash anywhere on your body, but the most common areas are the:
Neck
Chest
Face
Arms
Belly

Do I need to worry about the after effect of histamines? Will my throat close in or something? Sorry, allergies are a huge fear of mine :/

SamanthaAU
08-02-17, 09:21
This happens to me a lot. Anytime during stress or anxiety xxx