PDA

View Full Version : Ocd thoughts and anxiety

smoothiefun
08-02-17, 06:54
Hi. I just wanted to try get my thoughts down as they are running around my head and getting worse. Basically i have Ocd and Generalised anxiety and started a new job recently I really struggle especially on a morning leaving my kids. I have been worrying a lot and the separation anxiety and other anxiety are making it really hard to do my job. I am a grown man and and at times felt like crying whilst at work. I want to tell them i have anxiety but never declared it on my application so really too worried to admit i suffer anxiety.
It all got too much so i rung in sick with an excuse of an alternative to anxiety but now my mind is trying to make the excuse become real. My mind tries to destroy me and make bad things happen. I really needed a few days off to try and get help for my anxiety but now my mind wants to make really bad illnesses happen to me as punishment. Please help me. I really want to help others on here too but my Ocd kicks in and stops me doing ceratin things. I need the confidence to ignore my Ocd but it scares me.
I do believe in God but i feel scared.
I have accepted 2mg diazepam from the doctor to help on bad days and it's a low dose so maybe it can have a placebo effect at least. I have tried meds previously such as citralopam and sertraline but didn't help too much and i am tried to take them again because of not trusting what they do to my mind. Sorry to ramble but hopefully we can support each other. Thank you.

Dave1
18-02-17, 21:49
Hi,

I carry a few Diazepam with me, that gives me some comfort - even without using them! How's your job going? Are you back at work?