PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol feelings

No Imagination
08-02-17, 19:46
Hi,

I used to take this stuff years ago but had long since stopped but I'm back on it now. I've noticed today that my chest almost feels numb like I can't tell if I'm breathing or not so I'm forcing a breath almost to make sure that I am and that it's not too shallow. I can't remember if I had this the first time around or not but thought I'd ask if anyone else had the same?

panic_down_under
08-02-17, 21:02
I've noticed today that my chest almost feels numb like I can't tell if I'm breathing or not so I'm forcing a breath almost to make sure that I am and that it's not too shallow. I can't remember if I had this the first time around or not but thought I'd ask if anyone else had the same?

Shortness of breath is a listed beta-blocker side-effect, however, I'm not sure if this is your problem, or whether your feeling is an anxiety reaction. When anxious many of us don't breath efficiently, either hyperventilating, or conversely taking short, shallow breaths.

Probably best to discuss this with your doctor.

D Ray Morton
08-03-17, 20:44
Hi,

I used to take this stuff years ago but had long since stopped but I'm back on it now. I've noticed today that my chest almost feels numb like I can't tell if I'm breathing or not so I'm forcing a breath almost to make sure that I am and that it's not too shallow. I can't remember if I had this the first time around or not but thought I'd ask if anyone else had the same?

No lie i get the numbness in the chest too. Its hard to describe what it feels like. Ive jacked them me. Horrible sensation.