PDA

View Full Version : Ciao a tutti!

Italo.Americano
09-02-17, 05:47
Hi Everyone!

I am brand new here. I am Giovanni, an Italian living in the USA, and suffer from panic attacks while driving on the freeway and over bridges. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you everyone!

venusbluejeans
09-02-17, 05:57
Hiya Italo.Americano and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

GlassPinata
09-02-17, 07:18
Hello, Giovanni.
I am also in the US, and also suffer panic when driving on highways (I believe it's the speed; here in my state, the speed limit on some highways is 80 mph!)
I'm okay with bridges, but highways... nope.

I simply avoid driving on highways.
I live in a large metropolitan area, so this is fine. There are alternative routes to wherever I want to go.
The highway is often the fastest route, but I do not choose to take that route.
I think this is fine; I know many other people who avoid the highway, due to fear or some other reason.

Best wishes to you.

Catherine S
09-02-17, 14:54
I'm also phobic about driving on our motorways when we're in England, and here in Germany I feel the same about the autobahn. It's about the speed yes, but its more that I feel hemmed in by all the trucks, and feel trapped because there are so many miles/kilometres between the services/rest stops. I'm fine driving over bridges but hate walking across them :lac:

Welcome by the way :)

ISB

Italo.Americano
10-02-17, 01:01
Thank you venusbluejeans, GlassPinata and I still Believe for the warm welcome!
I have now started taking alternative routes all the time to avoid freeways. Before I could do a partial drive but now a panic attack starts every time I enter the freeway.
Hopefully together, we will all be able to help each other.

Giovanni

Vanilla Sky
10-02-17, 21:39
Hi and welcome to NMP :)

Italo.Americano
11-02-17, 02:13
Thank you Vanilla Sky!

yassin3
11-02-17, 20:33
Hey Italo.Americano
Im me Too New Here

Italo.Americano